Advice for Jpeg artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for Jpeg artifacts

I got all my pictures rejected for Jpeg artifacts. I think I figured out where the problem is, but I have no ideas on how to fix it. I shoot in RAW, and I tried doing all the editing before converting in jpeg, but I can't see differences. I'll attach the one rejected (PA34, artifacts were the only problem in this one) and a new one for feedback (A321). Any suggestion is welcome. Big thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC1271.JPG
Views:	438
Size:	698.7 KB
ID:	1130798Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC00142.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	507.1 KB
ID:	1130799

Attached Files

Hi, see if you're exporting the picture from your editor in full (100%) quality, always when you hit export, it asks you in what quality do you want to export the picture. That's the only one solution of this problem I've experienced.

Best regards, Frantisek

Comment

Originally posted by FrancescoMangiLIME View Post
      I got all my pictures rejected for Jpeg artifacts. I think I figured out where the problem is, but I have no ideas on how to fix it. I shoot in RAW, and I tried doing all the editing before converting in jpeg, but I can't see differences. I'll attach the one rejected (PA34, artifacts were the only problem in this one) and a new one for feedback (A321). Any suggestion is welcome. Big thanks.[/ATTACH]

I will assume it was accidental, but the image you attached is not the same one as was rejected. The image in this post does NOT suffer from compression, whereas the one you actually submitted does. An easy way to see the difference is simply by looking at the file sizes. The image in this post is 700kb, but the image you submitted is only 200kb. That's a clear indication of heavy compression, not to mention the artifacts that are visible in the image. Make sure you are saving/exporting your images at maximum quality if you want to avoid this issue in the future.

The second image is too dark and has a light editing halo visible around the front of the aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Frantisek Sindelar View Post
        Hi, see if you're exporting the picture from your editor in full (100%) quality, always when you hit export, it asks you in what quality do you want to export the picture. That's the only one solution of this problem I've experienced.

Best regards, Frantisek
        Thank you for your suggestion. It might be indeed the problem. Also, I have originally worked on that picture many times, and therefore I might have made the issue just bigger.
        I'll pay more attention in the future.

Thanks

Francesco

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

I will assume it was accidental, but the image you attached is not the same one as was rejected. The image in this post does NOT suffer from compression, whereas the one you actually submitted does. An easy way to see the difference is simply by looking at the file sizes. The image in this post is 700kb, but the image you submitted is only 200kb. That's a clear indication of heavy compression, not to mention the artifacts that are visible in the image. Make sure you are saving/exporting your images at maximum quality if you want to avoid this issue in the future.

The second image is too dark and has a light editing halo visible around the front of the aircraft.

You are right. This is not the same image cause I also had to fix the horizon ( the other one clearly was sloped, but somehow I missed it). While reediting it I saved just once, while the first time I did that many times, so that may be the problem (and maybe I forgot to higher the export quality too).
          Thanks for the sizes suggestion, I find it really useful, as I'm not yet able to identify these issues visually.
          Sorry for posting a different image, but again, I still find difficult to spot artifacts issues, and I thought it had the same problem.

Also, thanks for the A321 suggestions, I'll try to work on that as soon as I have some time.

I apologize if my questions were banal, but I'm new to editing, and I found quite little about this specific topic.

Thank you for your time.

Francesco

Comment

Working...
          X