No announcement yet.

jhud922 - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a rejection for JPG compression artifacts...which I can't see of course.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9984951 (not sure if that is viewable).

What am I supposed to do here? These images are exported the same way every time. I tried from Photoshop, from Lightroom, with minor changes in sharpening, all with the highest level of compression (100%). All file sizes were essentially the same, 450ish KB.

Comment

Originally posted by jhud922 View Post

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9984951 (not sure if that is viewable).

What am I supposed to do here? These images are exported the same way every time. I tried from Photoshop, from Lightroom, with minor changes in sharpening, all with the highest level of compression (100%). All file sizes were essentially the same, 450ish KB.
      Standard disclaimers: am not screener, do not trust me implicitly, etc. etc. But I think doing the 100% compression might be a not great thing (unless you mean quality at 100%, in which case yes do that!) I generally export everything with no compression. My disks fill quicker but it does seem to result in a bit more quality.

That said, I don't feel like I'm seeing compression artifacts in the picture you linked. I had a photo come back with a similar rejection error that I think may have actually been attributed to general softness. Again, not screen, not positive :P

Comment

Originally posted by jdppettit View Post

Standard disclaimers: am not screener, do not trust me implicitly, etc. etc. But I think doing the 100% compression might be a not great thing (unless you mean quality at 100%, in which case yes do that!) I generally export everything with no compression. My disks fill quicker but it does seem to result in a bit more quality.

That said, I don't feel like I'm seeing compression artifacts in the picture you linked. I had a photo come back with a similar rejection error that I think may have actually been attributed to general softness. Again, not screen, not positive :P
        Right, I meant 100% quality. Eh, maybe i tweak a few things, re-upload, a different screener lets it through. Its annoying but thats the system.

Comment

Right, I meant 100% quality. Eh, maybe i tweak a few things, re-upload, a different screener lets it through. Its annoying but thats the system.
          Maybe? Again not sure I can really give advice there, you might want to wait for a screener to advise before possibly using a slot.

For what it's worth - the uploaded version does feel a bit soft, but not incredibly so. I'm guessing your original is probably quite sharp but the smaller dimensions might be causing a less than ideal softness - I have this problem sometimes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jdppettit View Post

Maybe? Again not sure I can really give advice there, you might want to wait for a screener to advise before possibly using a slot.

For what it's worth - the uploaded version does feel a bit soft, but not incredibly so. I'm guessing your original is probably quite sharp but the smaller dimensions might be causing a less than ideal softness - I have this problem sometimes as well.
            at 1280px, who can tell! lol. I literally cannot see a difference no matter what sharpening i do to the original file size.

Comment

Once again I'll ask that you please make the effort to actually read here thoroughly:

"..if you get a rejection you don't agree with, better to come here and get advice before appealing, not after. There is not much incentive to help those who disregard advice or appeal before asking for it."

Crew will not comment on images that have already been appealed.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Once again I'll ask that you please make the effort to actually read here thoroughly:

"..if you get a rejection you don't agree with, better to come here and get advice before appealing, not after. There is not much incentive to help those who disregard advice or appeal before asking for it."

Crew will not comment on images that have already been appealed.
                So just because I didn't ask in my thread specifically before appealing I can't know the steps to take next time?? Surely the appeal itself could be seen as literally the same thing as asking here. That is some really strange logic. I am not even sure I will re-upload this, I am simply asking, for these kinds of rejection, what is the best steps to take to mitigate it?

Why do you guys assume you know what our intentions are?

Comment

Thoughts on this?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Oleksandr Plakhotnyk View Post
                    Thoughts on this?
                    They look good to me (not a screener) but you might want to start a thread specific to your username and feedback requests . This one is specific to my rejections and rants about the policies.

Comment

Oops, sorry, didn't know how it works

Comment

Originally posted by Oleksandr Plakhotnyk View Post
                        Oops, sorry, didn't know how it works
                        That's ok! Happened to me too

Comment

Could I get thoughts on these images please? Edited on my laptop, so these might not be the final uploaded versions, but I have a few days before I would submit probably so might as well see what the thoughts are.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Could I get thoughts on these images please? Edited on my laptop, so these might not be the final uploaded versions, but I have a few days before I would submit probably so might as well see what the thoughts are.
                            1. centering, borderline soft
                            2. manipulation, borderline centering
                            3-5. ok for me

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. centering, borderline soft
                              2. manipulation, borderline centering
                              3-5. ok for me
                              LOL, manipulation...more like an errant clone that I clearly missed! good lord man

Comment

Thoughts on these? I know one of them is the same aircraft. I'd only select one to upload . Also, if the aspect ratio is off on one, please disregard that. It can be modified.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X