jhud922 - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jhud922 View Post
    Is there a category like creative or something that applies?
    No, it will be at the screener's discretion.

Comment

• I have this rejection for dark/underexposed. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10191593

It is a black plane on a dark blue sky - the histogram is never going to look very balanced. Any brighter and I feel the photo would be washed out and overly lightened.

Comment

I have this rejection for dark/underexposed. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10191593

It is a black plane on a dark blue sky - the histogram is never going to look very balanced. Any brighter and I feel the photo would be washed out and overly lightened.
        Pretty easy to brighten it some without washing out the sky/aircraft:

Click image for larger version

Name:	16662_1654025044.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	510.0 KB
ID:	1138720

Comment

• Alright i'll take another crack at it.

Comment

• pre-screening request for these attached please
            Attached Files

Comment

pre-screening request for these attached please
              Maybe a touch dark for the first two, and 4 a bit soft/flat; otherwise all ok for me.

Comment

• Please review the B-24 again, not sure about halos. Adding 4 additional ones please
                Attached Files

Comment

Please review the B-24 again, not sure about halos. Adding 4 additional ones please
                  1. borderline oversharpened
                  2. soft, too far
                  3. soft/blurry, backlit
                  4. borderline soft/(weak) contrast
                  5. borderline dark

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. borderline oversharpened
                    2. soft, too far - so a tighter crop?
                    3. soft/blurry, backlit - is this salvageable at all? smaller, better sharpening, etc?
                    4. borderline soft/(weak) contrast - is this too much contrast? i honestly can't tell
                    5. borderline dark - I bumped this one up a bit, but i'll try to bump it up again a bit.
                    -

Comment

-
                      2. correct
                      3. not fixable
                      4. 'weak' contrast means the contrast is not strong enough

Comment

• So this one got rejected for "Too much or too little contrast" which I assume is too little contrast... I think the contrast is reasonable and I would say the histogram agrees with me. Worth appealing?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

So this one got rejected for "Too much or too little contrast" which I assume is too little contrast... I think the contrast is reasonable and I would say the histogram agrees with me. Worth appealing?

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10261642
                          I suppose, but as mentioned above it doesn't look that bad to me. Your call as to whether you want to appeal or not.

Comment

• Rejected again

Comment

• Had this rejected for horizon and sharpness. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=10228414

I've uploaded a version with vertical guidelines showing that it is level when using vertical poles and sides of the building in the background. As to sharpness, well I think its appropriately sharpened, usually a pretty subjective metric.

Should I appeal?
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Another rejection here, this one I really don't understand. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10228958

Rejected for
                                • Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
                                • Subject too far / too much dead space

However, you can clearly see that it is centered perfectly, and the borders of the photo are about as close as they can get to the tube on the nose of the aircraft and the tail. Is it possible the screener didn't look closely to see that spike/test tube thing on the front of the plane? There is literally no way I could have a closer crop with less dead space.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X