jhud922 - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jhud922 View Post
    I had a feeling I would have a problem with the horizon with this rejection - https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=10283200

I believe that the confusion is with the crane in the background, which of course isn't necessarily perfectly vertical. There are however some light poles on the horizon in the background under the plane, I believe the aircraft is level when taking those into account, which are perfectly vertical.

If I appealed that would be my logic - worth appealing or waste of time?
    Would have been fine for me, but that's just my opinion.

Originally posted by jhud922 View Post
    In looking at that day, I might actually prefer to have this rejection stand - this image might be better!
    Also ok for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Would have been fine for me, but that's just my opinion.

Also ok for me.
      Thanks, I'll have to think about it.

Comment

• Thoughts on this?
        Attached Files

Comment

Thoughts on this?
          Contrast washed out and a bit dark.

Comment

Contrast washed out and a bit dark.
            You are not wrong!

Comment

• Any better?
              Attached Files

Comment

Any better?
                1. borderline heat haze
                2. centering, borderline dark
                3. ok for me

Comment

1. borderline heat haze
                  So for this one, I think the Qatar plane doesn't have any heat haze. The planes behind it definitely do though. Does the heat haze designation apply to anything in the frame, or the main subject only? sometimes things further distance have more heat haze than the closer subject.

2. centering, borderline dark
                  Yeah this is cropped as high in the frame as I can go, and because I can't go thinner than 16x9, I probably can't get this crop any better. So if its too high in the frame, then its probably useless, which is disappointing because I think its a great aircraft and a decent shot.

3. ok for me

Comment

• Thoughts on these?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thoughts on these?
                      I suspect horizon could be an issue on 1-3, 5. Otherwise they would be ok for me.

Comment

I suspect horizon could be an issue on 1-3, 5. Otherwise they would be ok for me.
                        With nothing clearly "level" in those shots, how would that be determined? I have obviously leveled them based on elements maybe outside the crop that I know are level or vertical, etc. But with a runway that isn't directly perpendicular, I'm not sure what any argument to correctly or incorrectly level would be.

Comment

With nothing clearly "level" in those shots, how would that be determined? I have obviously leveled them based on elements maybe outside the crop that I know are level or vertical, etc. But with a runway that isn't directly perpendicular, I'm not sure what any argument to correctly or incorrectly level would be.
                          What vertical references I can see are leaning a bit left, but if you'd prefer to ignore the advice that's your call.

Comment

What vertical references I can see are leaning a bit left, but if you'd prefer to ignore the advice that's your call.
                            I won't ignore it! I am not sure what you are using for references, but i will double check with the originals.

Comment

I won't ignore it! I am not sure what you are using for references, but i will double check with the originals.
                              There's not much tbh, but even small things like fence posts and runway markers can be used. It's why I said 'could' be an issue rather than would be.

Comment

There's not much tbh, but even small things like fence posts and runway markers can be used. It's why I said 'could' be an issue rather than would be.
                                Almost makes me want to prioritize shots where the aircraft is in the sky only

Comment

Working...
                                X