jhud922 - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on these?

also I have this rejection for under-sharpened. Personally I think its adequately sharp - worth an appeal or no? https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10377293
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by jhud922 View Post
      Thoughts on these?
      1. overprocessed, borderline soft
      2. ok for me

Originally posted by jhud922 View Post
      also I have this rejection for under-sharpened. Personally I think its adequately sharp - worth an appeal or no? https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10377293
      I do not think an appeal would have much chance at success.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. overprocessed, borderline soft
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't "overprocessed" typically mean editing halos? Are those present in on the United? I wouldn't have guessed that was a reason for rejection, maybe something else but not editing halos.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't "overprocessed" typically mean editing halos? Are those present in on the United? I wouldn't have guessed that was a reason for rejection, maybe something else but not editing halos.
          Dark circle/banding in middle of the frame. Hopefully just a processing issue, otherwise you might have a problem with your equipment.

Comment

Dark circle/banding in middle of the frame. Hopefully just a processing issue, otherwise you might have a problem with your equipment.
            Wide open with a full frame lens and the Sigma 150-600 produces some wicked strong vignettes. For some reason the Lightroom vignette lens correction sometimes produces an alternate effect. Difficult to work around, unfortunately when you have just blue sky as the background with very little variation in tone, the extreme equalization that JP has really exposes any variation in the sky, even for slight differences.

Comment

Wide open with a full frame lens and the Sigma 150-600 produces some wicked strong vignettes. For some reason the Lightroom vignette lens correction sometimes produces an alternate effect. Difficult to work around, unfortunately when you have just blue sky as the background with very little variation in tone, the extreme equalization that JP has really exposes any variation in the sky, even for slight differences.
              So then: 'overprocessed' due to processing issue

Comment

• Case in point about the JP equalization tool, here is an unedited (except for crop) upload and you can see what its done to the background. Which always makes me think there will be some kind of assumption that there has been lots of editing done, or that it'll get flagged for compression, etc. When all it is is extreme equalization due to a uniform color in the background.

Attached Files

Comment

Case in point about the JP equalization tool, here is an unedited (except for crop) upload and you can see what its done to the background. Which always makes me think there will be some kind of assumption that there has been lots of editing done, or that it'll get flagged for compression, etc. When all it is is extreme equalization due to a uniform color in the background.
                  Not sure what you are trying to say.. was this rejected for overprocessed or compression? Either than being very soft and maybe a bit noisy, I don't see an issue with processing/compression.

Comment

Not sure what you are trying to say.. was this rejected for overprocessed or compression? Either than being very soft and maybe a bit noisy, I don't see an issue with processing/compression.
                    An edited version was rejected for being soft (posted above). What I am saying is, the equalize tool is making the background look postarized or compressed, but I just mostly wanted to show that the unedited version looks like that, so naturally a final version will as well. But thanks for your view.

Comment

• Can I get any screener's thoughts on this? I'd like to start uploading some larger images, but want to verify that the sharpening etc are up to snuff.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Can I get any screener's thoughts on this? I'd like to start uploading some larger images, but want to verify that the sharpening etc are up to snuff.
                        Borderline soft for first; second ok for me.

Comment

• is Air Force One considered Civilian or Military for Genre?

Comment

• Minor quibble here, I uploaded this photo literally only to check out the equalize tool and see how it looked in the other tools, and literally within 1 minute it was locked in screening, and then subsequently rejected, which makes sense, I was trying to delete it out of the queue. I guess you could say don't upload it if you don't intend to submit it, but i mean there is really no other way to pre-screen your own photos than to use the tools on the site. I'm pretty sure that technique is actually suggested by screeners here.

Also I got a bad info rejection, and i'm curious what that was for? I havn't gotten emails in many months so I can't see the comments.

Comment

Minor quibble here, I uploaded this photo literally only to check out the equalize tool and see how it looked in the other tools, and literally within 1 minute it was locked in screening, and then subsequently rejected, which makes sense, I was trying to delete it out of the queue. I guess you could say don't upload it if you don't intend to submit it, but i mean there is really no other way to pre-screen your own photos than to use the tools on the site. I'm pretty sure that technique is actually suggested by screeners here.

Also I got a bad info rejection, and i'm curious what that was for? I havn't gotten emails in many months so I can't see the comments.
                              To which photo are you referring?

Comment

To which photo are you referring?
                                Eh dont worry about it. I guess people auto-grab any new regs or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X