JuklicekCZ - Pre-Screening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JuklicekCZ View Post
    And now? maybe the worst issue, that was causing the image to feel kind of strange was actually a white balance.
    Colour definitely better; contrast still a bit harsh.

Comment

• and this?
      If still not enough contrast, what lead shall I actually stick to?
      Do you judge it just by the histogram, or also by some kind of an eyeballing?
      Attached Files

Comment

and this?
        If still not enough contrast, what lead shall I actually stick to?
        Do you judge it just by the histogram, or also by some kind of an eyeballing?
        You misunderstood. Harsh = strong. Adding more contrast is making it worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

You misunderstood. Harsh = strong. Adding more contrast is making it worse.
          Well, thanks for that, that may actually be helpfull.
          I just kept sticking to a general advice saying too much/ too little contrast almost always means too little
          And I also indeed misunderstood harsh.

Comment

• Could this hopefully be a final edit?
            I think that at his photo I got rid of most of the black and highlight clipping.
            Attached Files

Comment

I just kept sticking to a general advice saying too much/ too little contrast almost always means too little
              Not a bad idea generally, but I specifically said it was too strong several times.

Originally posted by JuklicekCZ View Post
              Could this hopefully be a final edit?
              I think that at his photo I got rid of most of the black and highlight clipping.
              Better, but still might be a bit harsh.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Not a bad idea generally, but I specifically said it was too strong several times.

Better, but still might be a bit harsh.
                Ok and what about the default with a slightly decreased exposure?
                Attached Files

Comment

Ok and what about the default with a slightly decreased exposure?
                  Contrast/exposure ok for me.

Comment

• Thanks

Comment

• I would also like to ask you regarding formation photos from airshows.
                      I wanted to know, whether there are some exceptions being made regarding the strictness in sharpness when screening formation photos.
                      And if, are the exceptions made for any formation photo or for example if there is more than some specific amount of aircraft?

Comment

I would also like to ask you regarding formation photos from airshows.
                        I wanted to know, whether there are some exceptions being made regarding the strictness in sharpness when screening formation photos.
                        And if, are the exceptions made for any formation photo or for example if there is more than some specific amount of aircraft?
                        The latter part of your question is unclear, but there is no difference in quality requirements for formation photos.

Comment

• I recently saw this photo, where the aircraft seem quite very soft.
                          RF-92735. Sukhoi Su-27UB Flanker C. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

And I don't mean to anyhow complain about the shot, or anything else.
                          I was just curious whether there are any differences, or not.

Comment

• Also please pre-screening on these.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Hello could this AN124 be accepted?
                              Hope it would not be considered as back-lit.
                              Do I have to tick the night shot?
                              Attached Files

Comment

I recently saw this photo, where the aircraft seem quite very soft.
                                RF-92735. Sukhoi Su-27UB Flanker C. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

And I don't mean to anyhow complain about the shot, or anything else.
                                I was just curious whether there are any differences, or not.
                                Not soft at all. If you find it so, perhaps you might want to adjust your monitor settings.

Hello could this AN124 be accepted?
                                Hope it would not be considered as back-lit.
                                Do I have to tick the night shot?
                                Yes backlit/poor contrast. Not Night Shot.

​​​​​​​
                                Also please pre-screening on these.
                                1. colour
                                2. ok for me
                                3. cut off, colour
                                4. ok for me

Comment

Working...
                                X