JuklicekCZ - Pre-Screening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JuklicekCZ View Post
    Hello, please don't take this offensively, I would just like to discuss a rejection.
    I have received this rejection for being soft.
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

To be honest this photo was rejected twice, first was rejected for missing C/N even-though, C/N is optional parameter, but ok, however it did not anyhow mention sharpness.
    So I accepted the C/N problem and uploaded it again with the C/N but it got rejected because of being soft.
    Thus I wanted to ask, whether the soft rejection is correct as to me it did not seem too soft to be an issue also with respect to the fact, that it is a first registration and the first rejection did not mention it.
    If it is a problem would it be acceptable in a lower resolution?
    Borderline soft for me. I would simply add more sharpening and try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Borderline soft for me. I would simply add more sharpening and try again.

Ok, thank you,
      Tried adding more texture and sharpening in lightroom, is this ok?
      Are there any other potential borderline issues.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, thank you,
        Tried adding more texture and sharpening in lightroom, is this ok?
        Are there any other potential borderline issues.
        Don't see a huge difference, tbh, but it would be ok for me.

Comment

Don't see a huge difference, tbh, but it would be ok for me.
          Indeed, even though I have added quite a bit, it did not seem too much noticeable, but maybe it is caused by my workflow.
          I was adding the sharpening in ligthroom into the RAW file with use of approximately 90% masking.
          Is there a a better way how to?
          I have tried also to sharpen the already down-scaled exported jpeg, but it seemed to methat the shot was then quite terrible right after the import without any sharpening.
          Shall I then be sharpening the shots after importing jpeg as a DNG or is there a better way?

Comment

Indeed, even though I have added quite a bit, it did not seem too much noticeable, but maybe it is caused by my workflow.
            I was adding the sharpening in ligthroom into the RAW file with use of approximately 90% masking.
            Is there a a better way how to?
            I have tried also to sharpen the already down-scaled exported jpeg, but it seemed to methat the shot was then quite terrible right after the import without any sharpening.
            Shall I then be sharpening the shots after importing jpeg as a DNG or is there a better way?
            I don't know if it's 'better', but while there is default sharpening applied when exporting from the raw file, any extra (there is usually extra for JP) I do to the jpeg.

Comment

• Hello,
              Would these have a chance?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                Would these have a chance?
                Chance, yes.

Comment

Chance, yes.
                  And would the chance be anyhow significant, or are there any potential issues?
                  Anyway, please only comment the mustang as I already have processed another shot of the tecnam.

Comment

And would the chance be anyhow significant, or are there any potential issues?
                    Anyway, please only comment the mustang as I already have processed another shot of the tecnam.
                    I would be ok for me, so pretty decent chance.

Comment

I would be ok for me, so pretty decent chance.
                      thanks, decent sounds good

Comment

• Hello, I have tried to save some of mine older shots with a difficult contrast using a new workflow.
                        Would these be acceptable, or is even more contrast necessary?
                        Also would the 3 be acceptable including the composition with the IL-76 in the background?
                        Thank you.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I have tried to save some of mine older shots with a difficult contrast using a new workflow.
                          Would these be acceptable, or is even more contrast necessary?
                          Also would the 3 be acceptable including the composition with the IL-76 in the background?
                          Thank you.
                          1. borderline contrast
                          2. horizon, noisy, borderline soft/blurry
                          3. horizon, centering, contrast
                          4. soft, borderline contrast

Comment

• 1,3 still low contrast?

Comment

1,3 still low contrast?
                              Neither have strong light on the aircraft itself, first one due to the angle, third due to low sun.

Comment

Neither have strong light on the aircraft itself, first one due to the angle, third due to low sun.
                                Understood, thanks.
                                And what about theese?
                                I also am a bit puzzled about the following one, It seems to me either bit dart, or harsh.
                                JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Are my assumptions correct, or is the contrast acceptable?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X