Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

These are slightly improved.
    Thank you, I have tried to reduce the blacks even more, however, would't the historgram be a problem now?
    I mean specifically the gap on the left.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by JuklicekCZ View Post

Thank you, I have tried to reduce the blacks even more, however, would't the historgram be a problem now?
      I mean specifically the gap on the left.
      A bit better. I usually don't check the histogram when screening unless I need to confirm something. I suspect most screeners are the same.

Comment

• Ok, thank you very much for your service.
        I ended up uploading them almost unedited (colorwise).
        Please don't tell me now, that they are still hash, because now, they are like black -2 in the lightroom sliders.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ok, thank you very much for your service.
          I ended up uploading them almost unedited (colorwise).
          Please don't tell me now, that they are still hash, because now, they are like black -2 in the lightroom sliders.
          Ok for me; can't say for others.

Comment

• Hello,
            I just wanted to double-check this rejection.
            JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

It is rejected for cut off because of the tail apparently, however, eventhough the crop is really close I dont think there would actually be a missing part.
            Shall I understand the rejection more like a centering issue, or can a close crop result into a cut off as well?

Comment

• While I am not a screener, I think the rejection is valid - it does appear (correct or not) that the tip edge does seem to be cut off - I think a framing rejection would have applied probably as well, but purely on looks, it does seem cut-off. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Agree with Mark.
                Unfortunately faced this issue myself on some occasions as well.
                Even when there is a very tiny bit of the aircraft cut off, you will get rejected for that.
                A very tiny tip of the tail edge is indeed missing.

Regards.

Comment

• Thanks guys

Comment

• Hello, I'm not sure about this shot.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_51415.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	365.9 KB
ID:	1149618
                    The aircraft is very silver and under a direct light causing the fuselage to be very bright.
                    Could this end up as a glare rejection, or would it be ok?
                    Also, may I ask, based on what measurement is the following shot considered soft?
                    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

To me the border around the A/C seemed sharp enough so just wanted to know what else should I look for in the future.

Comment

Hello, I'm not sure about this shot.
                      The aircraft is very silver and under a direct light causing the fuselage to be very bright.
                      Could this end up as a glare rejection, or would it be ok?
                      Bit of glare there, but would be ok for me.

Originally posted by JuklicekCZ View Post
                      Also, may I ask, based on what measurement is the following shot considered soft?

To me the border around the A/C seemed sharp enough so just wanted to know what else should I look for in the future.
                      Not at all soft for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Bit of glare there, but would be ok for me.

Not at all soft for me.
                        Thank you very much.
                        It seems that the rejection might likely have been a mistake, appeal was successful.

Comment

• Hello,
                          I was just wondering, whether this shot would have any chance.
                          OFC I'm aware of the potential contrast issue in case of overcast weather, on the other hand, there are plenty of shots under heavy rain and similar stuff.
                          So I wanted to ask, whether a shot like that can be accepted.
                          Thanks.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                            I was just wondering, whether this shot would have any chance.
                            OFC I'm aware of the potential contrast issue in case of overcast weather, on the other hand, there are plenty of shots under heavy rain and similar stuff.
                            So I wanted to ask, whether a shot like that can be accepted.
                            Thanks.
                            Very likely a rejection for contrast and possibly soft.

Comment

• Hello, I have never tried submitting a close-up crop, so I would like to get an opinion.
                              Would it be acceptable to submit such a crop including the whole engine with just the root of the wing or shall I rather exclude the engine completely making the crop between the W and I characters of the airline name?
                              Also, If I had uploaded the 2nd with it, would the angle and motive be considered different enough, to have both accepted even-though, the day and phase are the same?
                              Thanks.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I have never tried submitting a close-up crop, so I would like to get an opinion.
                                Would it be acceptable to submit such a crop including the whole engine with just the root of the wing or shall I rather exclude the engine completely making the crop between the W and I characters of the airline name?
                                Also, If I had uploaded the 2nd with it, would the angle and motive be considered different enough, to have both accepted even-though, the day and phase are the same?
                                Thanks.
                                These are similar.

Comment

Working...
                                X