Advice/Confirmation requested by jakerepp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jakerepp View Post
    Meant to ask for pre screening on this as well. Not sure it's possible to get the exposure perfect in this type of situation.
    Probably contrast rejection.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Probably contrast rejection.
      Thanks.

Heres another where I'm unsure if the lighting is okay since part of the aircraft and foreground is shadowed. I realize now it's probably dark anyways, but would heavy shadowing like that lead to rejection?

Also the Gulfstream, I'm unsure about the horizon since it's a very wide angle.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks.

Heres another where I'm unsure if the lighting is okay since part of the aircraft and foreground is shadowed. I realize now it's probably dark anyways, but would heavy shadowing like that lead to rejection?

Also the Gulfstream, I'm unsure about the horizon since it's a very wide angle.
        Yes, dark on the first but not because of shadows. Second ok for me.

Comment

Yes, dark on the first but not because of shadows. Second ok for me.
          Actually, does this crop (and exposure) work?
          Attached Files

Comment

Actually, does this crop (and exposure) work?
            The glare/reflection off the winglet might be an issue, but otherwise ok for me.

Comment

The glare/reflection off the winglet might be an issue, but otherwise ok for me.
              The sun giveth and taketh.

Thanks!

Comment

• Is there any way to make this work? It just looks dopey to me since the fuselage isn't centered, but I also don't want to crop the one rotor too much. Does it make sense to crop the rotors as much as needed to get the fuselage centered?

Attached Files

Comment

Is there any way to make this work? It just looks dopey to me since the fuselage isn't centered, but I also don't want to crop the one rotor too much. Does it make sense to crop the rotors as much as needed to get the fuselage centered?
                  Yeah would agree this angle/crop doesn't really work. Your only option really is cropping much closer to the chopper itself to center it properly. Best would be to get a different angle..

Comment

Yeah would agree this angle/crop doesn't really work. Your only option really is cropping much closer to the chopper itself to center it properly. Best would be to get a different angle..
                    Yeah this looks better and it would be a new reg for the DB but I'm not sure it's worth uploading. I ran out of real estate and couldnt get a better angle.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yeah this looks better and it would be a new reg for the DB but I'm not sure it's worth uploading. I ran out of real estate and couldnt get a better angle.
                      Better centered yes, but I meant much tighter. This would likely be a cut off rejection. If you're going to crop the rotors, you can't leave much empty space on the sides of the chopper.

Comment

Better centered yes, but I meant much tighter. This would likely be a cut off rejection. If you're going to crop the rotors, you can't leave much empty space on the sides of the chopper.
                        Ah! Copy that. I'll definitely discard it then.

Thanks Dana.

Comment

• This was rejected for dark, but you had given it the green light here a while back. Worth appealing?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

This was rejected for dark, but you had given it the green light here a while back. Worth appealing?

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10758820
                            Contrast is a bit harsh I suppose, but it's not dark. You can appeal if you like, keeping in mind that's my opinion only, and others may disagree.

Comment

Contrast is a bit harsh I suppose, but it's not dark. You can appeal if you like, keeping in mind that's my opinion only, and others may disagree.
                              Thanks, I'm just gonna leave that one.

This one looks odd to me for some reason but I can't pinpoint it. Can you pre-screen it?

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, I'm just gonna leave that one.

This one looks odd to me for some reason but I can't pinpoint it. Can you pre-screen it?
                                Bit of a halo around the tail, otherwise ok for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X