Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice/Confirmation requested

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

    Borderline contrast, but ok for me.



    Borderline soft/heat hazed/horizon
    Yeah the heat haze was my biggest concern. I see the questionable horizon and can bump the sharpness up and probably upload it then.

    Thanks, as always!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

      Borderline contrast, but ok for me.



      Borderline soft/heat hazed/horizon
      Alright, I just noticed on the 777-F that I uploaded (yeah, it's in the queue right now), it's got some ugly signs of overprocessing in the clouds in the top right of the image. Obviously that wasn't apparent when I uploaded it here for pre-screening, since you OK'd it.

      I don't want to delete it and lose the weeks worth of time it's been queued, but I also want to know if its going to get rejected since it looks differently there than it did here.



      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by jakerepp View Post

        Alright, I just noticed on the 777-F that I uploaded (yeah, it's in the queue right now), it's got some ugly signs of overprocessing in the clouds in the top right of the image. Obviously that wasn't apparent when I uploaded it here for pre-screening, since you OK'd it.
        Can't comment on what's already in the queue, but the one posted previously was ok for me.

        Comment


        • #34

          Rejected photo (linked) had been OK'd here but was rejected for being soft. I would appeal but not sure what I would contest...that it isn't actually too soft? Is there any point to appealing if all I can say is 'I think it is sharp enough' or 'it already passed pre-screening'?

          Attached photo is sharpened the same amount as a photo that was accepted from the same session, so I'm hoping it's now okay.
          Attached Files
          JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 4 million screened photos online!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by jakerepp View Post
            Rejected photo (linked) had been OK'd here but was rejected for being soft. I would appeal but not sure what I would contest...that it isn't actually too soft? Is there any point to appealing if all I can say is 'I think it is sharp enough' or 'it already passed pre-screening'?

            Attached photo is sharpened the same amount as a photo that was accepted from the same session, so I'm hoping it's now okay.
            Hi, please read here carefully to help with a couple of things:

            https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

            To answer whether you should try to appeal:

            8. Don't use the advice given here in the forum as justification for acceptance either when first submitting the photo, or when appealing a rejection. The argument "xyz crew member said it was ok in the forum" will not be taken into account during screening or appeals

            Why the prescreening didn't match the results:

            6.Try to attach the exact images you plan to upload to your post (i.e. don't upload unedited image unless asking for general advice). Links to images that require too many click-throughs will usually be ignored

            Unfortunately Alex failed to notice that you posted images that were far too large to actually upload, so what you actually submitted was quite different from what you posted in the forum. The images you submitted were quite soft, so there is little point in appealing.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

              Hi, please read here carefully to help with a couple of things:

              https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

              To answer whether you should try to appeal:

              8. Don't use the advice given here in the forum as justification for acceptance either when first submitting the photo, or when appealing a rejection. The argument "xyz crew member said it was ok in the forum" will not be taken into account during screening or appeals

              Why the prescreening didn't match the results:

              6.Try to attach the exact images you plan to upload to your post (i.e. don't upload unedited image unless asking for general advice). Links to images that require too many click-throughs will usually be ignored

              Unfortunately Alex failed to notice that you posted images that were far too large to actually upload, so what you actually submitted was quite different from what you posted in the forum. The images you submitted were quite soft, so there is little point in appealing.
              You know, I thought I had attached files that were too large but I figured, since it wasn't pointed out, I didn't actually do that.

              That being said, one of the photos was accepted already so, shrug. But yeah, I know not to argue about the results since one person said they were okay in pre-screening. No big deal.

              Comment


              • #37
                Pre-screening please

                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by jakerepp View Post
                  Pre-screening please
                  All images are too soft, and there are also issues with contrast/underexposure. Taking photos in less harsh light would be a good idea if you wish to see your chances at acceptance increase.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                    All images are too soft, and there are also issues with contrast/underexposure. Taking photos in less harsh light would be a good idea if you wish to see your chances at acceptance increase.
                    Contrast/underexposure issues I can get around, but I'm (a broken record) still not sure why my photos are coming out soft. As soon as I get one photo accepted and think I've found the recipe, the next set looks bad. Is the harsh light a contributing factor? It feels like shot where I use more than half the reach of my lens is useless and I'm frustrated by that. I'm not having to crop that much.

                    I don't necessarily disagree that they are too soft, but do any of them, particularly the Embraer, have a chance to be sharpened appropriately?

                    Also, does a crop like this work? This was also taken in less harsh light. I'm not sure if the sharpness is there, but I figured I'd ask.



                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by jakerepp View Post

                      Contrast/underexposure issues I can get around, but I'm (a broken record) still not sure why my photos are coming out soft. As soon as I get one photo accepted and think I've found the recipe, the next set looks bad. Is the harsh light a contributing factor? It feels like shot where I use more than half the reach of my lens is useless and I'm frustrated by that. I'm not having to crop that much.

                      I don't necessarily disagree that they are too soft, but do any of them, particularly the Embraer, have a chance to be sharpened appropriately?

                      Also, does a crop like this work? This was also taken in less harsh light. I'm not sure if the sharpness is there, but I figured I'd ask.
                      Most likely a combination of (relatively) soft image, and less than 'perfect' editing. JP (and most aviation sites tbh) generally prefers images that border on oversharpened, so you'll just need to find that fine balance through trial and error.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                        Most likely a combination of (relatively) soft image, and less than 'perfect' editing. JP (and most aviation sites tbh) generally prefers images that border on oversharpened, so you'll just need to find that fine balance through trial and error.
                        Sure, I've gotten that balance a handful of times. I'm generally assuming they are just soft images. My guess is it's partially due to the 1.4x teleconverter. Oh well.

                        Did you have thoughts on the SW?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by jakerepp View Post

                          Did you have thoughts on the SW?
                          Sof, dark and awkward crop of tail.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                            Sof, dark and awkward crop of tail.
                            Okie dokie.

                            When you are looking for sharpness are you looking at the photo at 100% or are you zooming in and looking closer than that? I just feel like when I try to push the sharpness further the images start looking noisy when I look closer. That may be due to my monitor, though. When I look at LR on my iPad they look better. Gah, I dunno. Sorry for the incessant questions and random musings.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by jakerepp View Post

                              Okie dokie.

                              When you are looking for sharpness are you looking at the photo at 100% or are you zooming in and looking closer than that? I just feel like when I try to push the sharpness further the images start looking noisy when I look closer. That may be due to my monitor, though. When I look at LR on my iPad they look better. Gah, I dunno. Sorry for the incessant questions and random musings.
                              Images are screened at whatever resolution they are uploaded, there is no 'zooming in'.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                                Images are screened at whatever resolution they are uploaded, there is no 'zooming in'.
                                Okay, thanks.

                                Last try from Phoenix.
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X