Advice/Confirmation requested by jakerepp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice/Confirmation requested by jakerepp

I'm assuming the biggest issue with these is the lighting and that's contributing to them looking a little soft. I don't want to push the sharpness any more.
    The Fedex aircraft is brand new and there aren't any shots of it yet.
    Attached Files

I am not a screener, so these are just my thoughts. I think the sharpness looks fine, you will probably run into dark and contrast related rejections though. It is pretty hard to get a shot taken on a cloudy/overcast day accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by jakerepp View Post
      I'm assuming the biggest issue with these is the lighting and that's contributing to them looking a little soft. I don't want to push the sharpness any more.
      The Fedex aircraft is brand new and there aren't any shots of it yet.
      Hi, these would be rejected:

1. soft, contrast, horizon
      2. soft, contrast

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

2. soft, contrast
        Thanks. Is it worth trying any further to sharpen or nah? I realize it probably wouldn't get accepted anyways due to the contrast. Just trying my hand at this for fun and definitely don't really know what I'm doing. Wondering if there is anything else I'm missing that would make them appear soft right out of the camera, aside from the weather being bleh.

Original attached along with another attempt that I think looks better (maybe not acceptance worthy), but I have bad eye for this and an iffy monitor. Just wondering if you can see from the original whether or not it could be salvageable.

Shouldn't be an equipment or setting issue. 7D II with 70-200 f4L IS, 1/1600th, ISO 640, f7.1

I know for certain I need a day where I can get away for a bit that has better weather.

Attached Files

Comment

2. soft, contrast
          Also, just read your stickied post about how to create and title these threads. I'll keep that in mind.

Comment

Thanks. Is it worth trying any further to sharpen or nah? I realize it probably wouldn't get accepted anyways due to the contrast. Just trying my hand at this for fun and definitely don't really know what I'm doing. Wondering if there is anything else I'm missing that would make them appear soft right out of the camera, aside from the weather being bleh.

Original attached along with another attempt that I think looks better (maybe not acceptance worthy), but I have bad eye for this and an iffy monitor. Just wondering if you can see from the original whether or not it could be salvageable.

Shouldn't be an equipment or setting issue. 7D II with 70-200 f4L IS, 1/1600th, ISO 640, f7.1

I know for certain I need a day where I can get away for a bit that has better weather.
            Sharpening should be an easy fix (with a better edit), but yes the contrast would be the main issue.

The attached image is not the original, as it is also 1280pix. Newer edit is slightly better, but would also be borderline at best.

Being in the PNW as well, I can certainly feel the pain of the seemingly endless cloudy days

Comment

Sharpening should be an easy fix (with a better edit), but yes the contrast would be the main issue.

The attached image is not the original, as it is also 1280pix. Newer edit is slightly better, but would also be borderline at best.

Being in the PNW as well, I can certainly feel the pain of the seemingly endless cloudy days
              Yes, sorry, good call on the 'original'

I guess that's the only thing that was done to it.

Comment

Pre-screening for this one.

I started that other thread since I didn't title this one appropriately, but if that isn't a big deal then I'm fine with that.
                Attached Files

Comment

Pre-screening for this one.
                  Soft, but should be fixable with a better edit.

Comment

Soft, but should be fixable with a better edit.
                    Either of these sharp enough, or lacking elsewhere?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Either of these sharp enough, or lacking elsewhere?
                      These images are similar.

Comment

These images are similar.
                        Removed 1

Comment

Removed 1
                          A bit soft towards the left side, but otherwise would be ok for me.

Comment

Pre-screening on these
                            Attached Files

Comment

Pre-screening on these
                              1. soft, contrast
                              2. soft, borderline contrast

Comment

Working...
                              X