Arseni Kalbin - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arseni628 View Post
    Good day! I recently got a rejection for Horizon unlevel. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10335333. I don't quite understand what's wrong with the horizon. I checked the hangar lines with Horizon tool and they are completely straight. Even when you just see the photo it doesn't lean anywhere. I know you don't like when I add someone's photos because screeners do mistakes and won't repeat them. But I use it as a clear example: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10610544. This photo is leveled much more roughly than mine. Thanks in advance and best regards.
    Horizon looks fine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Horizon looks fine to me.
      Yeah that's why I don't understand why it was rejected. Can you accept it please or what do I need to do?

Comment

Yeah that's why I don't understand why it was rejected. Can you accept it please or what do I need to do?
        You can appeal if you feel strongly enough about it, but that process would be independent of my own opinion.

Comment

Good day! Want to ask, are birds acceptable on the photo when they are not obstructing the aircraft? Here I'll attach my photo as an example. Sorry for adding the link, it doesn't let me upload a photo for some reason. Thanks and best regards.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

I don't see any bird obstructing the aircraft.
            I would say, that birds are ok unless they are small enough to not be distinguishable from dust spots.
            But would have personally removed it unless they are part of the motive(forexample a floct of bids crossing the A/Cs path)

Comment

Hello, that is easily recognisable as a bird so absolutely fine to leave it there. We incidently do have some shots in the database where birds are obstructing but where it becomes part of a motive eg a large flock of birds flying close to an aircraft where it could become a potential hazard.

Comment

Good day! Which categories/ticks should apply to these photos? Thanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

Good day! Which categories/ticks should apply to these photos? Thanks.
                  Business Jet/Small Prop/Cargo

Comment

Good day. Could you please give some advice about this photo. And help identify aircraft type, please. Thanks and best regards.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good day. Could you please give some advice about this photo. And help identify aircraft type, please. Thanks and best regards.
                      Blurry/compression, contrast. Quality definitely not there for 1800pix.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Blurry/compression, contrast. Quality definitely not there for 1800pix.
                        Already accepted in 1600px
                        LY-BIM. Pietenpol Aircamper. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Good day dear Jetphotos users and screeners. I recently got 2 rejects, but I'm not sure if the reasons are correct. I actually think screener has made a little mistake.

1) https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10615653

2) https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10615645

First was rejected for Underexposed and Heat distortion. Underexposed? Why? The aircraft is correctly exposed and the histogram is all good. I can barely see any heat distortion. If it even would be on the photo, it is borderline.

Second one was rejected for Underexposed and Tm or tl contrast. The photo was taken on a sunny day with good contrast and lighting. Aircraft is correctly exposed, and contrast is enough. Histogram says the same.

Thank you and best regards, Arseni.

Comment

I am not a screener, but per the outline in the attachment, I see heat distortion along the top of the fuselage - the way I see it is that it looks like there are small waves in the top of the fuselage when looking at it compared the to the background sky. Just my opinion ..
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	em-heatdist.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	1149471

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post

I am not a screener, but per the outline in the attachment, I see heat distortion along the top of the fuselage - the way I see it is that it looks like there are small waves in the top of the fuselage when looking at it compared the to the background sky. Just my opinion ..

Name:	em-heatdist.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	1149471
                              Yes, I can see some heat distortion. That is pretty logical. But what about other reasons? I completely don't understand.

Thanks and best regards, Arseni.

Comment

Again, noting I am not a screener, but my best guess - this is the first one - this is the histogram for that and you can see on the right hand side, it is underexposed - there is a big gap.

Name:	ue1.png
Views:	73
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1149510

This is the second histogram - again, there is a gap on the right hand side and that would be my guess to the underexposed. To me, the light looks very diffused and so that I would say is what is causing the contrast rejection.

Name:	ue2.png
Views:	54
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1149511

HTH

Comment

Working...
                                X