Arseni Kalbin - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arseni628 View Post
    Good day dear Jetphotos users and screeners. I recently got 2 rejects, but I'm not sure if the reasons are correct. I actually think screener has made a little mistake.

1) https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10615653

2) https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10615645

First was rejected for Underexposed and Heat distortion. Underexposed? Why? The aircraft is correctly exposed and the histogram is all good. I can barely see any heat distortion. If it even would be on the photo, it is borderline.

Second one was rejected for Underexposed and Tm or tl contrast. The photo was taken on a sunny day with good contrast and lighting. Aircraft is correctly exposed, and contrast is enough. Histogram says the same.
    Massive amounts of heat haze visible on the first. Overall exposure ok I agree; this would have been better as a contrast rejection. I would hardly call the second a sunny day, there is obvious some clouds/haze badly affecting the quality of light.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Massive amounts of heat haze visible on the first. Overall exposure ok I agree; this would have been better as a contrast rejection. I would hardly call the second a sunny day, there is obvious some clouds/haze badly affecting the quality of light.
      Okay, thank you, so as I understood, second one is unfixable. But the first one needs more contrast, right?

Comment

Okay, thank you, so as I understood, second one is unfixable. But the first one needs more contrast, right?
        Also poor contrast due to overcast/hazy conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Also poor contrast due to overcast/hazy conditions.
          Thank you!

Comment

I tried to increase the exposure and lower resolution. Is it any better? And I'd like to pre-screen 4 more photos. Hope they aren't hazy

Thanks and best regards, Arseni.
            Attached Files

Comment

I tried to increase the exposure and lower resolution. Is it any better? And I'd like to pre-screen 4 more photos. Hope they aren't hazy

Thanks and best regards, Arseni.
              1. ok for me
              2-3. borderline heat haze
              4. heat haze, overexposed
              5. borderline overexposed

Comment

Thanks! Are they any better? (Added two more pics)

Thanks and best regards.
                Attached Files

Comment

And won't ZM405 be rejected for Similar photo? Because I already have a photo of it but in landing phase. I recently got rejected a photo for Similar, one was in landing phase, second (rejected one) in takeoff phase. But it was taken with almost the same landing. Links: 1)https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10661530 2)https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10628443 . In ZM405 case already uploaded photo (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10613438) was taken with a completely different angle. Second one is cooler imo so I wanted to have it too in the database.

Thanks and best regards.

Comment

But it was taken with almost the same landing.
                    angle*

Comment

Thanks! Are they any better? (Added two more pics)
                      1. ok for me
                      2. borderline heat haze
                      3. borderline heat haze/contrast
                      4. borderline heat haze
                      5. ok for m

Comment

Okay, thank you! But it wasn't so warm (18sep) when I took 2nd photo that even in 1280px it's still heat hazed. It often happens, some kind of a jpg thing. But those wavy lines just can't be caused by heat haze. I have other photos of small biz jets taken in July, with much more heat haze, but there weren't any waves.

Comment

Hello! Could you please give some advice on these photos? i'm really unsure about the lighting/contrast as I already had two photos rejected from the same day.
                          Thanks!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello! Could you please give some advice on these photos? i'm really unsure about the lighting/contrast as I already had two photos rejected from the same day.
                            Thanks!
                            Oversharpened/heat hazed, borderline dark/contrast

Comment

Hello! Could I get this one prescreened, please? The nose seems well-illuminated, but I'm not sure about the fuselage. Does it count as backlit or not? Thanks in advance.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hello! Could I get this one prescreened, please? The nose seems well-illuminated, but I'm not sure about the fuselage. Does it count as backlit or not? Thanks in advance.
                                Dark, but doesn't seem quite backlit.

Comment

Working...
                                X