RC-Aviation - Screening / Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC-Aviation - Screening / Editing Advice

I'm new to aviation photography and wanted thoughts on the what would be needed for the following shots to be acceptable for JetPhotos. Looking for feedback on: angle of aircraft, shadows, contrast, etc. I'm uploading the photos at the max resolution for JP. Not sure if the forum compresses the images when uploaded here? Any suggestions for uploading and editing are appreciated. Thanks for your help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	N586JB.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	485.5 KB
ID:	1136200

Name:	A7-BAC.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	442.6 KB
ID:	1136199

Name:	N708CK.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	589.7 KB
ID:	1136198

1- soft, blurred area at the nose, overexposed borderline, poorly centered (cropped)
    2- probably contrast due to overcast conditions
    3- soft, blurred area at the nose, overexposed borderline

Comment

Originally posted by RC-Aviation View Post
      I'm new to aviation photography and wanted thoughts on the what would be needed for the following shots to be acceptable for JetPhotos. Looking for feedback on: angle of aircraft, shadows, contrast, etc. I'm uploading the photos at the max resolution for JP. Not sure if the forum compresses the images when uploaded here? Any suggestions for uploading and editing are appreciated.
      1. centering, overprocessed
      2. overprocessed, contrast
      3. overprocessed

All of these images have editing halos, which would cause overprocessed rejections.

Comment

Attempt #2. Tried a different editing technique with the first one If it's better received I'll try it with other similar photos. Ended up with less contrast than before. The halos should be gone, though the halo on the bottom of the fuselage was present in the RAW file before any editing was made, unless it was present somewhere else. Also re-cropped the image using a different overlay, it should be much closer to center than before. Please let me know. Thanks!

Name:	N586JB-v2.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	513.5 KB
ID:	1136219

Comment

Attempt #2. Tried a different editing technique with the first one If it's better received I'll try it with other similar photos. Ended up with less contrast than before. The halos should be gone, though the halo on the bottom of the fuselage was present in the RAW file before any editing was made, unless it was present somewhere else. Also re-cropped the image using a different overlay, it should be much closer to center than before.
          This one should be fine. Maybe a touch soft in spots, but would be ok for me.

Comment

Hi. Looking to get pre-screening advice for this one. Previous photos were rejected for softness, so instead of adding sharpening trying to get better focus SOOC with this shot. Also, would the contrast from underside shadows be too much since the photo was taken in direct sunlight? Finally, I know there is some (hopefully minor) haloing around the wheels, since they are contrasted against the sky. Would this amount of haloing be too much? Thanks for your help!

Click image for larger version  Name:	N298FR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	428.0 KB ID:	1137052

Comment

Hi. Looking to get pre-screening advice for this one. Previous photos were rejected for softness, so instead of adding sharpening trying to get better focus SOOC with this shot. Also, would the contrast from underside shadows be too much since the photo was taken in direct sunlight? Finally, I know there is some (hopefully minor) haloing around the wheels, since they are contrasted against the sky. Would this amount of haloing be too much? Thanks for your help!
              Borderline overprocessed, but otherwise would be ok for me.

Comment

Looking for pre-screening feedback. Particularly concerned about rejection for being over-processed on both, and contrast issues on the 1st one. Thank you!

Name:	N37523.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	430.7 KB
ID:	1137176

Click image for larger version  Name:	N328JB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	419.3 KB ID:	1137171

Comment

Looking for pre-screening feedback. Particularly concerned about rejection for being over-processed on both, and contrast issues on the 1st one. Thank you!
                  1. overprocessed, borderline color/contrast
                  2. borderline color/contrast

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. overprocessed, borderline color/contrast
                    2. borderline color/contrast
                    Are these any better? Thanks!

Name:	N37523-2.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	474.2 KB
ID:	1137205

Name:	N328JB-2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	458.7 KB
ID:	1137204

Comment

Are these any better?
                      Not really.

Comment

Not really.
                        Any further comments as to why? There is no noise reduction applied at all, and turned down the contrast and saturation below zero. Any less contrast and it would begin to wash out. It would be helpful if I could understand what aspect of the photo is over processed or has a color cast? Thanks!

Comment

Any further comments as to why? There is no noise reduction applied at all, and turned down the contrast and saturation below zero. Any less contrast and it would begin to wash out. It would be helpful if I could understand what aspect of the photo is over processed or has a color cast? Thanks!
                          As with the previous, flat contrast and slight magenta tint for both.

Comment

As with the previous, flat contrast and slight magenta tint for both.
                            Thanks, that’s helpful. I originally assumed that you were saying there was too much contrast so I went the wrong direction.

Comment

Thanks, that’s helpful. I originally assumed that you were saying there was too much contrast so I went the wrong direction.
                              Contrast problems will 95% of the time be related to lack of/flat contrast.

Comment

Working...
                              X