eggmilkstar - Editing Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eggmilkstar - Editing Advice please

Hey, I got rejected on this one and the reason is not centered. I am so confused about why I got this rejection reason. I check the "center" section, and the fuselage stays in the middle third of the picture. Does the "center" mean that it is better for the line around windows to stay at the center point?
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10109529

Not a screener, but if you uploaded the photo in this format, the plane is indeed high in frame. I would had put the center point slightly higher, close to the edge of the second flap fairing (I hope the explanetion of that part is correct...). Some time ago there was an explanation about correct centering in this forum (sorry, just cant find it).

Comment

Originally posted by eggmilkstarer View Post
      Hey, I got rejected on this one and the reason is not centered. I am so confused about why I got this rejection reason. I check the "center" section, and the fuselage stays in the middle third of the picture. Does the "center" mean that it is better for the line around windows to stay at the center point?
      Aircraft is indeed a little too high in the frame. Generally center of the fuselage should be used, as the window line can change depending on the angle.

Comment

Hello, does this obstruction can be accepted or not?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	8E4A4375.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	572.2 KB
ID:	1142567

Comment

Hello, does this obstruction can be accepted or not?
          Can not be accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Can not be accepted.
            Thanks a lot.

Comment

I got rejected on this one for the reason of "soft". Of course, I did some edits on this one to try to avoid soft but it seems the edit I did is not enough. Does anyone know how to identify whether the photo is soft or not? In another word, how I can know that the photo I edit is acceptable?

Name:	12372_1662826337.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	549.6 KB
ID:	1145925

Comment

I got rejected on this one for the reason of "soft". Of course, I did some edits on this one to try to avoid soft but it seems the edit I did is not enough. Does anyone know how to identify whether the photo is soft or not? In another word, how I can know that the photo I edit is acceptable?
                Fine details should be well delineated (easy to see clear lines). This image is not too bad, but is a bit soft towards the front. This is not unusual due to a combination of depth of field and motion of the subject.

Comment

Can this one be accepted? If not, could someone give me tips to edit photos that are cloudy in the background so that can avoid the rejection reason "contract"?

Name:	8E4A7254.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	426.9 KB
ID:	1146224

Comment

Can this one be accepted? If not, could someone give me tips to edit photos that are cloudy in the background so that can avoid the rejection reason "contract"?

Name:	8E4A7254.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	426.9 KB
ID:	1146224
                    Not a screener, but looks a bit dark. I would probably increase the exposure and shadows a tiny bit. Contrast looks fine to me.

Comment

Contrast is very harsh here, not because of the clouds but because of the angle of the sun. Pick a better time of day (lower sun, better direction), and you will see better results.

Originally posted by jakerepp View Post
                      Not a screener, but looks a bit dark. I would probably increase the exposure and shadows a tiny bit. Contrast looks fine to me.
                      Bad idea. Increasing the exposure will only blow out the highlights and make the contrast even worse.

Comment

Contrast is very harsh here, not because of the clouds but because of the angle of the sun. Pick a better time of day (lower sun, better direction), and you will see better results.

Bad idea. Increasing the exposure will only blow out the highlights and make the contrast even worse.
                        Better idea. I knew the lighting looked off but yeah, I guess it is the angle of the sun.

Comment

Thanks for your response. Do you mean if I want to photos with clouds, time with the lower sun will be better and it is worse to shoot at mid-day?

Comment

Does this one acceptable? If not, does it means all photos with a background like this are all cannot be accepted?

Name:	8E4A2030 (1).jpg
Views:	125
Size:	497.7 KB
ID:	1146472

Comment

I am not a screener but I would say you are going to get a contrast rejection on this and probably dark too because there is no direct sunlight on the aircraft. If all of the images have the same light, then yes, I would say you are going to have problems with them too.

Comment

Working...
                              X