eggmilkstar - Editing Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eggmilkstarer View Post
    Does this one acceptable? If not, does it means all photos with a background like this are all cannot be accepted?
    Not acceptable. Background is irrelevant. It's the lack of direct light on the aircraft itself.

Comment

Hey all, I got backlit on this one, but I do not know why. I got the photo in mid-noon, and the sun's sight is under the window line on the fuselage. Then, what are the tips to shoot in the mid-noon?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey all, I got backlit on this one, but I do not know why. I got the photo in mid-noon, and the sun's sight is under the window line on the fuselage. Then, what are the tips to shoot in the mid-noon?
        The tail does not seem to be lit, which indicates, that the aircraft was pointing rather directly into the sun instead of being side-lit.

Comment

Honestly, try to get out to shoot earlier or later in the day. We can't control the sun

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	c2236c6e119ee927bd7524d972eddcb.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1156013Click image for larger version

Name:	2b1d76238369f6ee98c8762f19fba03.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1156014
            Does anyone know why this happened? It's too high on the left of the RGB Histogram but lacks on the histogram. Thus, how can I edit the photos to avoid this problem which may get rejection by the reason of contract?

Comment

Originally posted by jakerepp View Post

Honestly, try to get out to shoot earlier or later in the day. We can't control the sun
              Yes, but as you know some of the special aircraft may arrive at noon.

Comment

Name:	2b1d76238369f6ee98c8762f19fba03.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1156073Click image for larger version

Name:	c2236c6e119ee927bd7524d972eddcb.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1156074
                One technical question: Why it is too high on the left of the RGB histogram but lacking on the histogram? dos this problem cause rejection reason "contract"? How I can edit photos to avoid this situation?

Comment

One technical question: Why it is too high on the left of the RGB histogram but lacking on the histogram? dos this problem cause rejection reason "contract"? How I can edit photos to avoid this situation?
                  I almost never use the RGB histogram when screening, and the regular histogram only rarely. Histograms are only guides and will not be used to make final decisions when screening so looking at the actual image is far more informative.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

I almost never use the RGB histogram when screening, and the regular histogram only rarely. Histograms are only guides and will not be used to make final decisions when screening so looking at the actual image is far more informative.
                    Thanks for your response, however, how I can know whether the image is a "contract" or not? By only using the regular histogram as a guide and no lack on both sides mean can be accepted?

Comment

Thanks for your response, however, how I can know whether the image is a "contract" or not? By only using the regular histogram as a guide and no lack on both sides mean can be accepted?
                      Again, we generally use our eyes when screening, and do not rely on the histogram(s) too much. It obviously might take some time for you to develop an 'eye' for what is good or not, but looking at already accepted images will generally give you a good idea.

Comment

Name:	469759_1681921352.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	496.4 KB
ID:	1160765
                        I am confused about why this one gets rejected reason of backlit. The most sunlight on this side which under the window line.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

For these, I do not know why I get bad info. I only use the easy way that enters all information automatically.

Comment

Tail has no direct light on it which means it's backlit. we don't consider window line as a reference. R

You selected civilian for all those 3 French Air Force planes which isn't correct.

Regards
                          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                            Tail has no direct light on it which means it's backlit. we don't consider window line as a reference. R

You selected civilian for all those 3 French Air Force planes which isn't correct.

Regards
                            Alex
                            Thanks. So does it mean for all government planes are all “military” or only the plane with“air force” must select"military"?

Also, a general question, what is the way to know whether the photo is "soft" or not?

Comment

Name:	389462_1683546968.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	423.1 KB
ID:	1162018

Name:	procimages (1).jpg
Views:	28
Size:	522.2 KB
ID:	1162019
                              Why was this got rejection for the reason Vignetting is not allowed? The second picture is the result of the check dust, the vignette is only on two upper corners.

Comment

Why was this got rejection for the reason Vignetting is not allowed?
                                I think you answered your own question:

the vignette is only on two upper corners.

Comment

Working...
                                X