Please Help - Editing/Rejection advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help - Editing/Rejection advice

I have had this photo rejected for Dirty Scan/CMOS Dust Spots and Bad info. I think I have found the additional info I require but for the life of me cant see the dust spots that are referred. Can someone please assist with this? The light coloured spot on the prop is a marking on the propeller looking at my other images from this shoot. Not sure if that is what they picked up on? Click image for larger version  Name:	Spitfire.jpg Views:	0 Size:	404.8 KB ID:	1137139
    Attached Files

Here were the ones i could spot through PS. JP's equalization tool is better but my queue is full so I can't check it there. Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	308
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	1137145

Comment

Nice photo, but if you load it in PS or LR and equalize the tones, you will see a number of spots, such as a large spot on the upper right quarter of the photo and another just above the antenna.
      To easiely find any spots use the "Check for dust" tool in the queue; its very powerful and will show any dust spots
      I hope this helps,
      Regards AKH

Comment

Originally posted by nsxr_ View Post
        Here were the ones i could spot through PS. JP's equalization tool is better but my queue is full so I can't check it there. Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	308
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	1137145
        Excellent, thanks for pointing that up. What is the best way of removing these dust spots from my images?

Comment

Originally posted by AKH View Post
          Nice photo, but if you load it in PS or LR and equalize the tones, you will see a number of spots, such as a large spot on the upper right quarter of the photo and another just above the antenna.
          To easiely find any spots use the "Check for dust" tool in the queue; its very powerful and will show any dust spots
          I hope this helps,
          Regards AKH
          Thanks AKH, that is great. What is the best way to remove these spots once you have found them?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Park View Post

Thanks AKH, that is great. What is the best way to remove these spots once you have found them?
            In PS
            - load the photo
            - duplicate the layer
            - equalize tones in the duplicated layer
            - select the repair tool, select the suitable size
            - in the layer overview activate the original (backgtround layer). The duplicated layer remains visible in the main window.
            - in that duplicated layer, klick on each visible spot. Note: the spot will not disappear in this layer!
            - once done, delete the duplicated layer (not merge with the original in the background layer!). You will see now the cleaned original.
            - check the result by equlize the tones again (best on another copied layer)
            - repeat the process if any spots remained

If you are not sure about the workflow in PS or LR, check the several tutorials on youtube. (I just found this, but there are many others):
            The fourth video in TheExplorerBlog's photo editing series! TheExplorerBlog is an aviation platform for users to upload aviation news and photography! Link b...

Regards AKH
            Last edited by AKH; 2022-05-17, 15:22. Reason: changed copied layer to duplicated layer

Comment

I have had this photo rejected for Dirty Scan/CMOS Dust Spots and Bad info. I think I have found the additional info I require but for the life of me cant see the dust spots that are referred. Can someone please assist with this? The light coloured spot on the prop is a marking on the propeller looking at my other images from this shoot. Not sure if that is what they picked up on? Click image for larger version Name:	Spitfire.jpg Views:	0 Size:	404.8 KB ID:	1137139

Couple of things I do. There's a nice website that is very similar to JP equalization tool that will show the spots: Equalize image online (pinetools.com)

Also, if you are using Lightroom Classic, they have a spot removal tool that will show the spots and will heal them as well. This is one of my edits I'll be uploading soon to the queue and what the visualization looks like in LrC when you're checking.

Click image for larger version  Name:	LRClassic.jpg Views:	0 Size:	433.4 KB ID:	1137163
              Last edited by Delta95Heavy; 2022-05-17, 21:18. Reason: Edit for spelling corrections.
              “In the ongoing battle between objects made of aluminum going hundreds of miles per hour and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose.” – Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by AKH View Post

In PS
                - load the photo
                - duplicate the layer
                - equalize tones in the duplicated layer
                - select the repair tool, select the suitable size
                - in the layer overview activate the original (backgtround layer). The duplicated layer remains visible in the main window.
                - in that duplicated layer, klick on each visible spot. Note: the spot will not disappear in this layer!
                - once done, delete the duplicated layer (not merge with the original in the background layer!). You will see now the cleaned original.
                - check the result by equlize the tones again (best on another copied layer)
                - repeat the process if any spots remained

If you are not sure about the workflow in PS or LR, check the several tutorials on youtube. (I just found this, but there are many others):
                The fourth video in TheExplorerBlog's photo editing series! TheExplorerBlog is an aviation platform for users to upload aviation news and photography! Link b...

Regards AKH
                Thanks AKH, that is helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta95Heavy View Post

Couple of things I do. There's a nice website that is very similar to JP equalization tool that will show the spots: Equalize image online (pinetools.com)

Also, if you are using Lightroom Classic, they have a spot removal tool that will show the spots and will heal them as well. This is one of my edits I'll be uploading soon to the queue and what the visualization looks like in LrC when you're checking.

Click image for larger version Name:	LRClassic.jpg Views:	0 Size:	433.4 KB ID:	1137163
                  Thanks Delta95Heavy, that is helpful, I will give the pinetools website a crack too and see how we go.

Comment

Thanks AKH, that is helpful.
                    Thanks for your help on your on my other thread, this has now been closed. Is there any way to change the tile of this thread to make it more clear for posting pre-screening images?

Comment

Thanks for your help on your on my other thread, this has now been closed. Is there any way to change the tile of this thread to make it more clear for posting pre-screening images?
                      Just post any of your requests here.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Just post any of your requests here.
                        Thanks, I will do.

Comment

I have had a photo rejected for "similar photo uploaded", however I don't currently have any photos accepted in my portfolio. I have also done some checking and there is only one other image of this aircraft on the system but from a totally different angle.

Just wondering if I have maybe missed something or miss understood the rejection reason?

Photo is https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10154782

Comment

I have had a photo rejected for "similar photo uploaded", however I don't currently have any photos accepted in my portfolio. I have also done some checking and there is only one other image of this aircraft on the system but from a totally different angle.

Just wondering if I have maybe missed something or miss understood the rejection reason?

Photo is https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10154782
                            You had this image in the queue at the same time:

Click image for larger version

Name:	58018_1652828249.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	395.8 KB
ID:	1138119

It is considered similar.

Comment

Working...
                            X