Lines in sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lines in sky

Hello, anybody can help what to do in processing of photo with rejection reason JPG compression artefacts - lines in sky ? To avoid this for future processing, thanks a lot !

Originally posted by Vaclav Kudela View Post
    Hello, anybody can help what to do in processing of photo with rejection reason JPG compression artefacts - lines in sky ? To avoid this for future processing, thanks a lot !
    Can you outline your workflow for us? That way we can see where the lines might be coming from
    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Next to the workflow, it would also be nice to share a before and after shot and maybe a software, that you are using.

Comment

Hello

attaching before and after shot, DSC03604 is original, DSC03604 D-MYCR is after process in ACD See I am using. This must be only with this unique photo as normally I have no problems with this during processing
        Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately the forum removes some stuff and compresses other. But, the original photo looks fine. That's good.

It's actually not limited to that particular photo, I've noticed it in other of your uploads, but it's not always very noticeable, or not noticeable enough to warrant a rejection.

What I'd look at:

First of all, the save/export dialog, don't select any quality below 100%, there's no point. Check if there are any other settings beside file size/quality that might cause issues.

If that's done, do your editing step by step and save/export after every step, see at what point the lines appear. If it starts from the beginning, try a different format like TIFF and see if that does it. It might be the resize algorithm, or the sharpening. Given how regular the pattern is, I'm leaning towards resize, that said, I've never used ACDSee so I can't give you more specific pointers.
          [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Hello

attaching before and after shot, DSC03604 is original, DSC03604 D-MYCR is after process in ACD See I am using. This must be only with this unique photo as normally I have no problems with this during processing
            Indeed there is some kind of compression/banding in the sky. I'll admit I'm not familiar with this type of patter, but undoubtedly something in your workflow is causing it. If I had to guess something related to compression/save settings rather than actual processing of the image itself. Maybe that one was set to 'save for web' or something similar?

Comment

Hello dlowwa
              Above you mentioned about ‘save for web’ is this something we should not do? I will admit to always doing this and have had some problems in the past not thinking this may be a problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Balders View Post
                Hello dlowwa
                Above you mentioned about ‘save for web’ is this something we should not do?
                Yes, this tends to add more compression to images.

Comment

Thanks for that I will stop using it in that case.

Comment

Hello, this photo of french Coyotte microlight from Buzet, Belgium was two times rejected for Too Much / Too little contrast after my postprocessing and corrections of contrast. I would like to know if there is chance for contrast correction yet to be accepted to gallery or no more chances - to say please already not to upload. I would like to know any opinion from your side. DSC01718 is original file, second file is already after my postprocessing. Thanks Vaclav
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello, this photo of french Coyotte microlight from Buzet, Belgium was two times rejected for Too Much / Too little contrast after my postprocessing and corrections of contrast. I would like to know if there is chance for contrast correction yet to be accepted to gallery or no more chances - to say please already not to upload. I would like to know any opinion from your side. DSC01718 is original file, second file is already after my postprocessing. Thanks Vaclav
                      Not a screener, also not very sure, but I'd say if you are not so confident about your own luck (like me myself), then just give up any photo taken in weather conditions without direct sunlight. But anyway this is worth trying. In my opinion maybe a brighter one with this contrast would seem better, but please notice that I don't have much experience either. Just a reference for you. Also waiting for a screener.
                      Regards!

Comment

Working...
                      X