Editing/Pre-screening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing/Pre-screening advice

Hello, I've decided to give close up shots a go so I'm not sure if this sort of cropping and editing would be accepted? Would be great to have some advice.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20220622_140930.jpg
Views:	975
Size:	794.2 KB
ID:	1139213

Hi

I am not part of the screening crew, however, I would say that the crop is acceptable, maybe have the whole of the vertical stabilizer in the image. The downside of this photo is that it does seem distant and the fuselage is rather blurry, not in focus or sharp.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Comment

I would agree with cmorton. Crop seems ok, but it will not get accepted because of the softness/blurriness. Something that’s sadly not fixeable with Lightroom in your case.

Regards!

Comment

Originally posted by timmytam View Post
        Hello, I've decided to give close up shots a go so I'm not sure if this sort of cropping and editing would be accepted? Would be great to have some advice.
        I would crop it a bit tighter, or wide enough that the whole tail/stabilizer are visible.

Comment

Hi, I'm wondering if a crop like this would be acceptable? The winglet is unfortunately obstructed by the horizontal stabiliser of another plane so I've had to cut it away.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I'm wondering if a crop like this would be acceptable? The winglet is unfortunately obstructed by the horizontal stabiliser of another plane so I've had to cut it away.
            Not a screener, but I definitely think I've seen plenty of crops like this.

Here's a similar one showing up on the front page under 'Latest Photos'
            N818LF. Gulfstream G550. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Not going to comment on any other qualities, but it's a cool looking photo.

Comment

Crop should be ok.

Comment

Hi, can I get some opinion on this shot? Also, would the stairs count as an obstruction? I had my tripod as high up as possible but it still wasn't enough to clear it completely.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi, can I get some opinion on this shot? Also, would the stairs count as an obstruction? I had my tripod as high up as possible but it still wasn't enough to clear it completely.
                  Borderline soft. Yes obstruction.

Comment

Hi, can I get some opinion on this shot? Would this crop count as 'part of aircraft cut-off'?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, can I get some opinion on this shot? Would this crop count as 'part of aircraft cut-off'?
                      Most likely, yes.

Comment

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Hi, this shot was rejected for bad motive, which I'm guessing is because of visible faces? If so, would it be acceptable for me to reupload the shot with their faces blurred or would I have to choose to upload another shot where no faces can be seen?

Comment

Blurring faces is considered manipulation, so you shoud reupload a shot with no faces vissible.
                          Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
                          If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
                          ——————————————————————————

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11581359

Hi, this shot was rejected for bad motive, which I'm guessing is because of visible faces? If so, would it be acceptable for me to reupload the shot with their faces blurred or would I have to choose to upload another shot where no faces can be seen?
                            Another shot without visible faces.

Comment

Hi, would this shot be rejected for being backlit or would the fact that it's banking give it some leeway?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X