thebigdog360 - Prescreening Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thebigdog360 View Post
    Pre-screen for these two. For the first, would this crop be acceptable? The helicopter is shoved in a corner under a loft so this and a bit of the rotor mount is all that is accessible. Just general for the second, thanks.
    There dof/softness issues for both. Don't think the crops can be improved.

Comment

• Pre Screening for these 3. The weather has been overcast, so I know contrast is going to be a problem, but I have hope for the Nanchang and the Alaska especially. What do you think?
      Attached Files

Comment

Pre Screening for these 3. The weather has been overcast, so I know contrast is going to be a problem, but I have hope for the Nanchang and the Alaska especially. What do you think?
        1. contrast/overexposed
        2. dark/contrast
        3. borderline dark/contrast

Comment

• Prescreen for this please and thanks (:
          Attached Files

Comment

Prescreen for this please and thanks (:
            Dark, horizon.

Comment

• I had aligned the picture with the hangar, but maybe was too close to edge of the frame. I added a bit of CW rotation, is this better? Also, can I get a prescreening review for these landing shots? I hope the Delta won't be backlit, the sun was pretty much directly on the nose but was slightly more on the side I was on. Thanks.
              Attached Files

Comment

I had aligned the picture with the hangar, but maybe was too close to edge of the frame. I added a bit of CW rotation, is this better? Also, can I get a prescreening review for these landing shots? I hope the Delta won't be backlit, the sun was pretty much directly on the nose but was slightly more on the side I was on. Thanks.
                1-2. soft
                3. soft, dark/contrast
                4. horizon (CW)

Comment

• I still can't wrap my head around the horizon on the dash, this should be fixed now(?)

As for the others, I just can't seem to get these in-motion shots in a good sharp focus. I am holding the camera as steady as possible, could it have to do with a cheaper lens or just simply lack of experience? I have tried to sharpen these up, and tried to fix the delta but is difficult to brighten and add contrast. I appreciate the feedback!
                  Attached Files

Comment

I still can't wrap my head around the horizon on the dash, this should be fixed now(?)

As for the others, I just can't seem to get these in-motion shots in a good sharp focus. I am holding the camera as steady as possible, could it have to do with a cheaper lens or just simply lack of experience? I have tried to sharpen these up, and tried to fix the delta but is difficult to brighten and add contrast. I appreciate the feedback!
                    1. borderline horizon
                    2. borderline soft
                    3. ok for me
                    4. borderline dark/contrast
                    5. soft, noisy, color (purple fringing more noticeable)

Without seeing the originals, could say the cause of the quality issues, but such strong purple fringing is usually indicative of poorer quality optics.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Without seeing the originals, could say the cause of the quality issues, but such strong purple fringing is usually indicative of poorer quality optics.
                      Thanks for the info.

A family member of mine took a trip to Kenya recently, and was able to get some pictures at an airstrip there. The quality is poorer than from the camera I use, but would like to see if they are JP worthy due to the relative rarity of shots like these for me. Horizon is difficult, as there are no buildings so I tried my best to follow the ground. Second photo would be in the control tower category. Thanks in advance.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info.

A family member of mine took a trip to Kenya recently, and was able to get some pictures at an airstrip there. The quality is poorer than from the camera I use, but would like to see if they are JP worthy due to the relative rarity of shots like these for me. Horizon is difficult, as there are no buildings so I tried my best to follow the ground. Second photo would be in the control tower category. Thanks in advance.
                        1. soft, compression
                        2. soft/heat haze, compression

Your family member will need to upload the images as you may only upload images taken by yourself.

Comment

• Pre screening for these two please. I am worried about softness but hopefully they can make the cut.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Hello!

They both look soft and have a couple of dust spots.

Comment

• Would appreciate a pre-screening for these 5. I know these might be considered very similar shots, but the foggy weather today made these a little bit more challenging to edit. I used a couple different approaches, and am curious to see what is best, or if they all work. Also any other pre-screening comments, thanks!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Would appreciate a pre-screening for these 5. I know these might be considered very similar shots, but the foggy weather today made these a little bit more challenging to edit. I used a couple different approaches, and am curious to see what is best, or if they all work. Also any other pre-screening comments, thanks!
                                Most have softness/(weak) contrast issues. Second is only one I would accept instantly.

Comment

Working...
                                X