X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Don't one crop being significantly better than the other; both would be borderline (at screener's discretion). Newer version still a bit soft and probably needing a touch of CW rotation.
    Don't *see one crop being significantly better than the other

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by thebigdog360 View Post

I have changed the crop a little bit to fully include the titles, I realize you said the other crop was still acceptable but would this be better? I wasn't sure if landing gear being cut off a little bit could affect it. Also rotated and sharpened more, how is it now?
    Don't one crop being significantly better than the other; both would be borderline (at screener's discretion). Newer version still a bit soft and probably needing a touch of CW rotation.

Leave a comment:

• thebigdog360
    replied

Crop slightly awkward, but might be acceptable. Soft, and needs a little CW rotation.
    I have changed the crop a little bit to fully include the titles, I realize you said the other crop was still acceptable but would this be better? I wasn't sure if landing gear being cut off a little bit could affect it. Also rotated and sharpened more, how is it now?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Ok that is understandable. Usually I would go over the fence but then the aircraft would be blocked by the scimitar on the other 737. Here is a different angle that doesn't have the fence in it, but I wasn't sure if this type of crop is acceptable on JetPhotos? If it isn't, what elements should be included something like this could be acceptable? Also my other questions from earlier like is softness and horizon ok for this one as well? Thank you!
    Crop slightly awkward, but might be acceptable. Soft, and needs a little CW rotation.

Leave a comment:

• thebigdog360
    replied

The fence would definitely be an issue, and there is not really any way to work around it.
    Ok that is understandable. Usually I would go over the fence but then the aircraft would be blocked by the scimitar on the other 737. Here is a different angle that doesn't have the fence in it, but I wasn't sure if this type of crop is acceptable on JetPhotos? If it isn't, what elements should be included something like this could be acceptable? Also my other questions from earlier like is softness and horizon ok for this one as well? Thank you!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Asking for a prescreen on this one please. There are a few concerns I have, mainly the fact that I was shooting through a fence, so you can see that in all the corners. Is that acceptable? Or could be confused with vignette? Also my shadow on the apron, softness, as well as horizon. I do have some different angles that could remedy the issue, but this is what I feel would be best. Finally, any other input for this one would be great. Thanks in advance!
    The fence would definitely be an issue, and there is not really any way to work around it.

Leave a comment:

• thebigdog360
    replied
    Asking for a prescreen on this one please. There are a few concerns I have, mainly the fact that I was shooting through a fence, so you can see that in all the corners. Is that acceptable? Or could be confused with vignette? Also my shadow on the apron, softness, as well as horizon. I do have some different angles that could remedy the issue, but this is what I feel would be best. Finally, any other input for this one would be great. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Ok, I have grabbed a different shot of the first, to my eye it seems to have the tail in sharper focus but the nose may be soft now. Also tweaked the sea king a bit, sorry to dwell on these two but feedback would be great.
    As before, soft on the first, borderline soft on the second.

Leave a comment:

• thebigdog360
    replied

Still a bit soft, especially the first. Contrast shouldn't be an issue.
    Ok, I have grabbed a different shot of the first, to my eye it seems to have the tail in sharper focus but the nose may be soft now. Also tweaked the sea king a bit, sorry to dwell on these two but feedback would be great.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thanks for the info or rotors, here is the robinson with more sharpness and the sea king with more sharpness and contrast added. Is this better?
    Still a bit soft, especially the first. Contrast shouldn't be an issue.

Leave a comment:

• thebigdog360
    replied
    Thanks for the info or rotors, here is the robinson with more sharpness and the sea king with more sharpness and contrast added. Is this better?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Slight softness on both, and weak contrast on the second. Should be fixable.

Rotors can be cropped or not, but if cropping, better to crop closer to the fuselage.

Leave a comment:

• thebigdog360
    replied
    Also prescreening for this would be appreciated. I feel horizon may be a problem?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• thebigdog360
    replied
    Curious, are there any issues with this photo pertaining to lighting and sharpness? Also, for helicopters, should the rotor be cropped out or included? Or photographers choice? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Thanks for the clarification on obstruction, how is this for the rotation?
    Opinions may differ, but this would be ok for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X