No announcement yet.

thebigdog360 - Prescreening Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would the foreground wing be enough to make the photo not suitable for the database, or is it just borderline? Also would the photo being hot have any impact on this? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by thebigdog360 View Post
      Would the foreground wing be enough to make the photo not suitable for the database, or is it just borderline? Also would the photo being hot have any impact on this? Thanks.
      Would come down to the discretion of whoever screened it (so yes, borderline).

Comment

Another two I'm requesting pre-screening for:

The Falcon, though it may look like it was taken on an overcast day, it was actually a blue sky day. There is just smoke in the distance, and the sun had a cirrus cloud over it. Is this still going to have contrast problems or is this ok? For the water bomber, softness and horizon. Thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Another two I'm requesting pre-screening for:

The Falcon, though it may look like it was taken on an overcast day, it was actually a blue sky day. There is just smoke in the distance, and the sun had a cirrus cloud over it. Is this still going to have contrast problems or is this ok? For the water bomber, softness and horizon. Thanks.
          1. contrast
          2. ok for me

Comment

Added some contrast in case it is fixable, but I can see that it may still be too little. Also, the water bomber was rejected for having vignette, which I do not understand at all. I have attached the equalized view and the only possible reason I can see is a large part of the top right corner, and some of the left side is darker. This is obviously just a part of the smoky sky that is darker, as the tail and building to the right are not darker, only the sky is. Would you say that I should appeal? Thank you.
            Attached Files

Comment

Added some contrast in case it is fixable, but I can see that it may still be too little. Also, the water bomber was rejected for having vignette, which I do not understand at all. I have attached the equalized view and the only possible reason I can see is a large part of the top right corner, and some of the left side is darker. This is obviously just a part of the smoky sky that is darker, as the tail and building to the right are not darker, only the sky is. Would you say that I should appeal? Thank you.
              1. still borderline at best
              2. as I said, would have been ok for me, but couldn't guarantee a successful appeal

Comment

Just want to confirm the horizon is good with this one, since it was taken with a wide angle. Also the nose seems a bit soft, what do you think?
                Attached Files

Comment

Just want to confirm the horizon is good with this one, since it was taken with a wide angle. Also the nose seems a bit soft, what do you think?
                  Horizon ok, but image is soft.

Comment

Here is another frame that I think was a little bit sharper to begin with, how is it now? I am aware neither of these are perfectly sharp. Thanks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is another frame that I think was a little bit sharper to begin with, how is it now? I am aware neither of these are perfectly sharp. Thanks.
                      Borderline at best. Not sure if it's just your editing or DOF issue.

Comment

Pre-screening please! I don't know if this would be too high in frame, it is centred based off of the main fuselage with the tail section ignored, which is usually what I would do. Just unsure because of the forward tilt. Also any other problems, thanks.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Pre-screening please! I don't know if this would be too high in frame, it is centred based off of the main fuselage with the tail section ignored, which is usually what I would do. Just unsure because of the forward tilt. Also any other problems, thanks.
                          Dirty, borderline soft. Centering ok.

Comment

Did not catch that dust spot, here it should be gone and with a tad more sharp.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Did not catch that dust spot, here it should be gone and with a tad more sharp.
                              Still borderline, but ok for me.

Comment

Pre-screening for these photos:
                                Multiple of these are kind of heavy crops in the frame, due to taking a zoomed out picture to get around the chain link fence. There are also some of these where the fuselage is on the bottom of the frame, and the tail stretching to the top. This was the only way I could get the aircraft in frame, unless it is acceptable to cut off the tail? But I wasn't sure on this, your opinion would be appreciated. Again, other pre-screening comments welcome. Thanks.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X