Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thebigdog360 View Post
    Pre-screening for these photos:
    Multiple of these are kind of heavy crops in the frame, due to taking a zoomed out picture to get around the chain link fence. There are also some of these where the fuselage is on the bottom of the frame, and the tail stretching to the top. This was the only way I could get the aircraft in frame, unless it is acceptable to cut off the tail? But I wasn't sure on this, your opinion would be appreciated. Again, other pre-screening comments welcome. Thanks.
    1. borderline centering
    2. contrast, borderline cut off
    3. borderline overexposed
    4. borderline soft
    5. ok for me

Comment

For the first photo, would cropping out the tail and centering the fuselage in the middle of the screen be better? Or still up to screeners discretion like the current crop?

Comment

For the first photo, would cropping out the tail and centering the fuselage in the middle of the screen be better? Or still up to screeners discretion like the current crop?
        Better not to cut the tail. L-R centering is off, aircraft is a bit to the right of center.

Comment

Ah, ok. I misunderstood, thanks for the clarification.

Comment

I found another angle that I did not see at first, I think this is better for contrast but still would like to see if it is passable. Also, should I include the tow bar attached to the nose wheel or no? Also any pre screening advice would be great.
            Attached Files

Comment

I found another angle that I did not see at first, I think this is better for contrast but still would like to see if it is passable. Also, should I include the tow bar attached to the nose wheel or no? Also any pre screening advice would be great.
              Contrast borderline. Centering ok.

Comment

Pre-screening for these two:
                For the first I'm curious if the grey foreground wing is too distracting, and also I am not sure if it is too soft or not. For the second, I do not have much confidence because it was so close to the fence so only a part of the airplane could fit in, also horizon is a real challenge since the focal length was very wide. Thoughts? Thanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

For the first I'm curious if the grey foreground wing is too distracting, and also I am not sure if it is too soft or not. For the second, I do not have much confidence because it was so close to the fence so only a part of the airplane could fit in, also horizon is a real challenge since the focal length was very wide. Thoughts? Thanks.
                  I think the latter one is deffinitely leaning right.
                  In case you have lightroom, you can use the profile corrections in order to fix the distorsion caused by lens.
                  Attached Files

Comment

1. maybe a touch CCW needed, but not much. Borderline on the clutter.
                    2. cut off

Comment

Originally posted by JuklicekCZ View Post

I think the latter one is deffinitely leaning right.
                      In case you have lightroom, you can use the profile corrections in order to fix the distorsion caused by lens.
                      Thanks for the tip on the lens corrections, did not know what they did before so never bothered touching them.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. maybe a touch CCW needed, but not much. Borderline on the clutter.
                        Just to avoid any chance of rejection for the clutter, here is a shot from lower without the wing in the way. How is this pre-screening wise?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the lens corrections, did not know what they did before so never bothered touching them.
                          Yea, its a very easy and handy option for fixing the distorsion and chromatic aberration, just put there the lens model, that you have used and that's it.

Comment

Just to avoid any chance of rejection for the clutter, here is a shot from lower without the wing in the way. How is this pre-screening wise?
                            Would be ok for me.

Comment

Pre-screening for these two please. Im concerned about softness/overall quality for the first. For the second, I'm not sure if the lighting is acceptable, since it is inside a building while I was about 20 meters away outside, and I don't know about the centring. Also, unrelated, but is 16:9 the widest crop for JP or is anything wider allowed? Thanks in advance.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Pre-screening for these two please. Im concerned about softness/overall quality for the first. For the second, I'm not sure if the lighting is acceptable, since it is inside a building while I was about 20 meters away outside, and I don't know about the centring. Also, unrelated, but is 16:9 the widest crop for JP or is anything wider allowed? Thanks in advance.
                                1. horizon, noise/sharpening
                                2. noise/compression/sharpening. not fixable.

4:3-16:9 is the acceptable range for cropping ratios. Anything outside of that will be an automatic rejection.

Comment

Working...
                                X