No announcement yet.

thebigdog360 - Prescreening Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see. I have fixed the ones that need fixing, and picked what seems like a sharper frame for the first MAX. How are these now?
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigdog360 View Post
      I see. I have fixed the ones that need fixing, and picked what seems like a sharper frame for the first MAX. How are these now?
      Borderline (for same reasons), but close to acceptable for me. Also starting to see a little noise.

Comment

• Thanks for the feedback and Happy New Year! Just one question, though. When screening photos, do screeners just use what they can see on the photo itself to determine if it is passable? Or do you use and have access to tools such as the check for dust feature? I know the feedback here is just your viewpoint and isn't a guarantee that the photo will make it into the d/b, but on some occasions when I have gone to upload and used the check for dust tool, I have found some halos or some (faint) dust spots that you had never mentioned. Would these be taken into account if you did have these tools, or since they aren't visible in the regular image, you would still accept to photo? I hope my question makes sense, and I hope this is ok to ask (:

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and Happy New Year! Just one question, though. When screening photos, do screeners just use what they can see on the photo itself to determine if it is passable? Or do you use and have access to tools such as the check for dust feature? I know the feedback here is just your viewpoint and isn't a guarantee that the photo will make it into the d/b, but on some occasions when I have gone to upload and used the check for dust tool, I have found some halos or some (faint) dust spots that you had never mentioned. Would these be taken into account if you did have these tools, or since they aren't visible in the regular image, you would still accept to photo? I hope my question makes sense, and I hope this is ok to ask (:
          Screeners have (and use) the same tools you can see once the image is uploaded. Halos and dust spots generally need to be visible unequalized to be an issue, but we are much more sensitive to noticing them. I'd estimate that out of each 100 images I screen ~1-10 might have faint halos/dust spots that are visible when equalized but not really when viewed normally, so are accepted.

Comment

• That makes sense, thank you!

Comment

• Pre screening for these two. My mainly concerned for the CRJ but thought I'd throw in the Embraer as well. Thanks!
              Attached Files

Comment

Pre screening for these two. My mainly concerned for the CRJ but thought I'd throw in the Embraer as well. Thanks!
                1. soft
                2. soft, noisy, borderline overexposed

Comment

• Pre-screening for another two please, would the APU in the top right corner be a problem in the CN shot?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Pre-screening for another two please, would the APU in the top right corner be a problem in the CN shot?
                    Ok for me. Borderline distracting foreground for the second; will be at screener's discretion.

Comment

• Hello, just a pre-screen for this please. Im concerned for contrast, there is sun on the aircraft, but it was coming through the same layer of cloud seen behind so was a little bit softer sunlight. Thanks in advance!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello, just a pre-screen for this please. Im concerned for contrast, there is sun on the aircraft, but it was coming through the same layer of cloud seen behind so was a little bit softer sunlight. Thanks in advance!
                        No chance due to poor contrast.

Comment

• Hello. I had the chance to catch this rare bird a few weeks back, (before it has become quite famous recently), but the only angle I had would either have the nose obscured or the tail. So, I was curious if a crop like this could be accepted? If not, is there a crop which you would see as better? I know these types of crops are quite subjective screener to screener, but maybe the rarity of this airplane could have an effect? I am not fully sure. Any feedback for any other prescreening is welcomed as well, (especially horizon). Thanks!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello. I had the chance to catch this rare bird a few weeks back, (before it has become quite famous recently), but the only angle I had would either have the nose obscured or the tail. So, I was curious if a crop like this could be accepted? If not, is there a crop which you would see as better? I know these types of crops are quite subjective screener to screener, but maybe the rarity of this airplane could have an effect? I am not fully sure. Any feedback for any other prescreening is welcomed as well, (especially horizon). Thanks!
                            Would not be accepted.

Comment

• How about a closer crop like this? I have seen other shots like this uploaded to the site, but am not quite sure how to centre. I have used the left edge of the R2 door and the nose. Would this work?
                              Attached Files

Comment

How about a closer crop like this? I have seen other shots like this uploaded to the site, but am not quite sure how to centre. I have used the left edge of the R2 door and the nose. Would this work?
                                Crop is better, but lacks the quality (heat haze/noise).

Comment

Working...
                                X