Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thebigdog360
    replied
    General pre-screening for the first. Pre screening for the second, horizon is tough for me. Verticals are aligned with the windows by the nose, and even with lens correction, the hangar on the left is horribly tilted. Also is centring ok? I can't centre fuselage with any aspect ratio, so should I put it farther to the bottom of the frame or keep how it is? Thank you!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by thebigdog360 View Post
    This is my final try for a while, this one seems sharp enough to my eye, but does the bit of fence in the bottom cause an issue? Also any other prescreening problems, thanks.
    Fence is not an issue, though the sharpening/noise/compression will almost certainly be.

Leave a comment:

• thebigdog360
    replied
    This is my final try for a while, this one seems sharp enough to my eye, but does the bit of fence in the bottom cause an issue? Also any other prescreening problems, thanks.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Colour should be fixed, and should be looking at least a little sharper. I don't like to constantly go back to the same photo, so thank you for the continued feedback.
    Color fine for me, though might still have issues with sharpening.

Leave a comment:

• thebigdog360
    replied
    Colour should be fixed, and should be looking at least a little sharper. I don't like to constantly go back to the same photo, so thank you for the continued feedback.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Taken with a camera, and with an ISO of 80. I'm not sure how it got so many artifacts and or noise, the sharpening is lower than I usually put for a JP photo. Was taken by a friend so I cannot guarantee how the photo was taken. Here is a photo taken today, more room to get a better angle and quality should be better. Colour is a bit weird to me, some wildfire smoke rolled in so I had to correct the orange tint. Any pre-screening problems with this one?
    Looks a bit yellow, as you note, and some soft spots especially towards the nose.

Leave a comment:

• thebigdog360
    replied
    Taken with a camera, and with an ISO of 80. I'm not sure how it got so many artifacts and or noise, the sharpening is lower than I usually put for a JP photo. Was taken by a friend so I cannot guarantee how the photo was taken. Here is a photo taken today, more room to get a better angle and quality should be better. Colour is a bit weird to me, some wildfire smoke rolled in so I had to correct the orange tint. Any pre-screening problems with this one?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Thanks for the info. I figured the second photo wouldn't work, but thought it was worth a shot.

As for the first, I aligned the horizon with the vertical control tower pillar, but if anything I figured CW rotation was required so that is what I applied here, it is now aligned to the corner of the hangar in the centre of the photo. There is also less sharpening to get rid of some of the noise. How is it now?
    Horizon looks ok to me, but still noticeable noise/sharpening/artifacts issues. Was this taken with a phone, or just with really high ISO?

Leave a comment:

• thebigdog360
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

4:3-16:9 is the acceptable range for cropping ratios. Anything outside of that will be an automatic rejection.
    Thanks for the info. I figured the second photo wouldn't work, but thought it was worth a shot.

As for the first, I aligned the horizon with the vertical control tower pillar, but if anything I figured CW rotation was required so that is what I applied here, it is now aligned to the corner of the hangar in the centre of the photo. There is also less sharpening to get rid of some of the noise. How is it now?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Pre-screening for these two please. Im concerned about softness/overall quality for the first. For the second, I'm not sure if the lighting is acceptable, since it is inside a building while I was about 20 meters away outside, and I don't know about the centring. Also, unrelated, but is 16:9 the widest crop for JP or is anything wider allowed? Thanks in advance.
    1. horizon, noise/sharpening
    2. noise/compression/sharpening. not fixable.

4:3-16:9 is the acceptable range for cropping ratios. Anything outside of that will be an automatic rejection.

Leave a comment:

• thebigdog360
    replied
    Pre-screening for these two please. Im concerned about softness/overall quality for the first. For the second, I'm not sure if the lighting is acceptable, since it is inside a building while I was about 20 meters away outside, and I don't know about the centring. Also, unrelated, but is 16:9 the widest crop for JP or is anything wider allowed? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Just to avoid any chance of rejection for the clutter, here is a shot from lower without the wing in the way. How is this pre-screening wise?
    Would be ok for me.

Leave a comment:

• JuklicekCZ
    replied

Thanks for the tip on the lens corrections, did not know what they did before so never bothered touching them.
    Yea, its a very easy and handy option for fixing the distorsion and chromatic aberration, just put there the lens model, that you have used and that's it.

Leave a comment:

• thebigdog360
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. maybe a touch CCW needed, but not much. Borderline on the clutter.
    Just to avoid any chance of rejection for the clutter, here is a shot from lower without the wing in the way. How is this pre-screening wise?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• thebigdog360
    replied
    Originally posted by JuklicekCZ View Post

I think the latter one is deffinitely leaning right.
    In case you have lightroom, you can use the profile corrections in order to fix the distorsion caused by lens.
    Thanks for the tip on the lens corrections, did not know what they did before so never bothered touching them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X