Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ErwinS
    replied
    Like I said. You where quite unfortunate that the 1st upload of ES-SAD was accepted just as you uploaded it. And due to caching of the database there is a small delay that the search engine can identify the uploaded registration. Just unlucky. But the screeners can see that the registration is allready in the database while screeing your upload.

And pls let it go. The hobby is more then getting hot shots on a website. Especially since the subject is quite non newsworthy.

Leave a comment:

• arseni628
    replied
    Originally posted by ErwinS View Post

There is no bug
    But why I didn't see the first photo when I uploaded mine and searched for "ES-SAD"??

Leave a comment:

• ErwinS
    replied
    Originally posted by arseni628 View Post

I just didn't know that you don't care about your bugs and the photographers are guilty.
    There is no bug and if you feel guilty, pls be free to upload somewhere else if you don' t agree with our guidelines.

Leave a comment:

• arseni628
    replied
    Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
    I am quite baffled about the fact that you take so much time and effort to tell us our website is flawed, which it isnt.

My first reply was clear on why it was not accepted.

And that all for a white Airbus.
    I just didn't know that you don't care about your bugs and the photographers are guilty.

Leave a comment:

• ErwinS
    replied
    I am quite baffled about the fact that you take so much time and effort to tell us our website is flawed, which it isnt.

My first reply was clear on why it was not accepted.

And that all for a white Airbus.

Leave a comment:

• arseni628
    replied
    Originally posted by NYspotter View Post

I believe it was considered as a special scheme which the 48-hour-rule would perfectly apply. Back to ur case, there was nothing wrong with what Dutch has said. According to the guidelines only the first photo of a new reg would be considered as hot. U were just a few mins late but still, late. If u really care about a hot that much just bring ur computer with u when next time spotting so u could upload it right after u get the pics.
    Haha, already thought about that, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• NYspotter
    replied
    And then how would you explain this?
    I believe it was considered as a special scheme which the 48-hour-rule would perfectly apply. Back to ur case, there was nothing wrong with what Dutch has said. According to the guidelines only the first photo of a new reg would be considered as hot. U were just a few mins late but still, late. If u really care about a hot that much just bring ur computer with u when next time spotting so u could upload it right after u get the pics.

Leave a comment:

• arseni628
    replied
    Thank you everyone for the help!

Leave a comment:

• KaarelVelgre
    replied
    Originally posted by A7-BAJ View Post
    If I was an admin I would design it like Planespotters.net or Airliners.net in which invalid hots get downgraded from priority queue to regular queue without costing you a queue slot and tanking your ratio, which would be helpful in cases like this
    I absolutely agree with you.

Leave a comment:

• A7-BAJ
    replied
    Notice that I'm not asking for the badge, I just ask to screen it, because I spent the whole day, yes whole day from morning to the evening just for Jetphotos. And then you reject my photo. Of course if I would upload one day later and then ask for screening, it's obvious that I am wrong. But 15 minutes... are you serious
    Happened to me at least a dozen times before. While I do agree it is frustrating, If the image was accepted 1/4 hour before you put your pic into queue, by nature of the rules, the photo would have to be reject for Invalid hot. That's just the way it is and by ranting in forums and appeals, that's not going to make your case any better, rather only waste your time and the screener's.

However, Im not the biggest fan of the pic automatically being rejected by invalid hot. If I was an admin I would design it like Planespotters.net or Airliners.net in which invalid hots get downgraded from priority queue to regular queue without costing you a queue slot and tanking your ratio, which would be helpful in cases like this. But I am not, so I have just come to accept it and move on, regardless of how frustrating It may be.

-- A7

Leave a comment:

• Julian S.
    replied
    Simple math:

The ITA was a special scheme = Hot for 48hrs after the first accepted
    Your Estonia wasn't a special scheme...and even if, as ES-SAX looking the same - the 48hrs rule doesn't aplly for ES-SAD
    That means that just the first Image of ES-SAD is hot, which to keep it fair for all of our Uploaders was not yours!

Leave a comment:

• JuklicekCZ
    replied
    Why screeners just can't understand my situation. Why should I suffer because of some bug in your system. Take responsibility on your website.
    I'm not a screenerer, nor an admin, so I do not know how exactly the back-end mechanics of the system work.
    However, from my point of view, this maybe would not happen if you did not fill the hot photo field, which is unnecessary for new a brand new registration as it is marked automatically if it meets the requirements.

Leave a comment:

• JuklicekCZ
    replied
    I can see, that SmartLynx Estonia has shots of A320-214 even with white livery further in the history.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• arseni628
    replied
    Why screeners just can't understand my situation. Why should I suffer because of some bug in your system. Take responsibility on your website.

Leave a comment:

• arseni628
    replied
    Then your explanation should apply to my photo too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X