• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thepiecesfit View Post
    Another picture, thoughts on this?
    Thanks for any help!
    Soft/dark/contrast.

Comment

Is it salvageable or would it not be accepted, even with editing?

Comment

Hello!
        I'm not a screener
        I would say it would need a considerable better edit but the wing is very soft and it looks like it focused on the cloud and not the wing and it looks like the stratus clouds covered the sun so the wing don't have as much sunlight as may hoped for so that is why for the contrast.

Comment

Softness seems to be due to DOF issues, so doubt you could do much to fix it.

Comment

Hi, I was wondering if any of these photos would be accepted into the website. If not, is there anything I can do to potentially salvage the image(s)?
            Thanks for any help.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello!
              Not a Screener.
              1) Horizon, Contrast, Haze, Soft
              2) Contrast
              3) Cut off, Dark, Noise, Soft
              4) Awkward angle, don't think there's a chance
              5) Noise, and Soft in some places.

You might be able to salvage 5 if you use noise reduction software, the others might be hard to save as they were on low contrast and shot in less desirable weather condtions.

Comment

Hi, I was wondering if any of these photos would be accepted into the website. If not, is there anything I can do to potentially salvage the image(s)?
                Thanks for any help.
                There are multiple quality issues. Only the last two are worth spending any more time on, and even then the chances wouldn't be great.

Comment

Thank you both for the feedback. Just out of interest, if 1 and 2 weren't taken in bad weather, would they be accepted?
                  Also, I tried touching up noise reduction on that one cockpit photo, thoughts?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you both for the feedback. Just out of interest, if 1 and 2 weren't taken in bad weather, would they be accepted?
                    Can't guess about images that don't exist, sorry.

Also, I tried touching up noise reduction on that one cockpit photo, thoughts?
                    Soft/blurry, noisy. No chance.

Comment

Can't guess about images that don't exist, sorry.
                      I was referring to the set of images I posted earlier; attached the 2 images again here for you to see

Soft/blurry, noisy. No chance.
                      Is the softness based on the amount of noise reduction I've had to use? Or is my focus off? Or is it because of the lowered resolution? (I have to upload in 1280px)

thanks for all the feedback so far
                      Attached Files

Comment

I was referring to the set of images I posted earlier; attached the 2 images again here for you to see
                        You asked if they would be ok if the weather hadn't been bad. You have not posted such images.

Is the softness based on the amount of noise reduction I've had to use? Or is my focus off? Or is it because of the lowered resolution? (I have to upload in 1280px)
                        First image is blurry, I'd guess due to lens shake. This is not fixable. Second image is just soft. Due to lens quality, window, focus, editing...I could only speculate.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

You asked if they would be ok if the weather hadn't been bad. You have not posted such images.

First image is blurry, I'd guess due to lens shake. This is not fixable. Second image is just soft. Due to lens quality, window, focus, editing...I could only speculate.
                          sorry about the confusion:

the question about bad weather was referring to the SriLankan A330 and ramp overview photo
                          the softness/noise reduction/focus/resolution question was referring to that cockpit photo from earlier

Now that you've stated your opinion on the A330 and ramp overview photo, I just want to know about that cockpit pic

If I were to bring down the exposure a bunch, it looks like this (attached below), where the noise isn't prominent and I can reduce denoising to preserve sharpness. Would this be accepted? I'm trying to base this edit off this image.
                          Attached Files

Comment

sorry about the confusion:

the question about bad weather was referring to the SriLankan A330 and ramp overview photo
                            No confusion. Do you have images taken in better weather? If not, I won't speculate whether they might be ok.

the softness/noise reduction/focus/resolution question was referring to that cockpit photo from earlier
                            Ok. In that case, again multiple likely causes: lens softness, camera shake, dof, too large resolution. Noise reduction doesn't seem to be a big cause because I can still see a fair amount of noise.

If I were to bring down the exposure a bunch, it looks like this (attached below), where the noise isn't prominent and I can reduce denoising to preserve sharpness. Would this be accepted? I'm trying to base this edit off this image.
                            Better, but still quite noisy and likely too dark.

Comment

No confusion. Do you have images taken in better weather? If not, I won't speculate whether they might be ok.
                              Nope, all my photos are in the same low contrast weather.

Better, but still quite noisy and likely too dark.
                              I see. I might consider uploading after denoising further and brightening it slightly.

thanks for all the feedback, I won't continue this discussion on these images further. Btw, more images soon because I'm flying again tomorrow. Hopefully I can get better pics than this time.

Comment

In the meantime, I've been up to learning how to post process images,
                                Is this any better? Any chance of it being accepted? Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0217.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	1156282

Comment

Working...
                                X