No announcement yet.

AMGEnthusiast63 - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Dana, these two just got rejected for contrast, noise on the 787 as well. However these issues didn’t seem to show up in prescreening. Is it because they are just borderline, and do they have a chance of being successfully appealed? From my experience some of my accepted photos had similar contrast levels, although I’m not saying that this means the rejected photos definitely should’ve been accepted. I’m just curious if the contrast and noise are borderline issues, so I can appeal wisely without crowding the queue with unnecessary appeals while familiarizing myself with what acceptable contrast would be like. (Although in hindsight, the 777 does seem a bit lacking in contrast, for the 787 though I’m still a little bit skeptical.) Many thanks!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by AMGEnthusiast63 View Post
      Hi Dana, these two just got rejected for contrast, noise on the 787 as well. However these issues didn’t seem to show up in prescreening. Is it because they are just borderline, and do they have a chance of being successfully appealed? From my experience some of my accepted photos had similar contrast levels, although I’m not saying that this means the rejected photos definitely should’ve been accepted. I’m just curious if the contrast and noise are borderline issues, so I can appeal wisely without crowding the queue with unnecessary appeals while familiarizing myself with what acceptable contrast would be like. (Although in hindsight, the 777 does seem a bit lacking in contrast, for the 787 though I’m still a little bit skeptical.) Many thanks!
      When was the SQ prescreened? It's definitely noisy, and as I said before your images don't really have the quality for 1920pix. Don't necessarily agree, but I can see contrast as borderline for the CZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

When was the SQ prescreened? It's definitely noisy, and as I said before your images don't really have the quality for 1920pix. Don't necessarily agree, but I can see contrast as borderline for the CZ.
        Sorry, I must’ve confused the SQ with another photo that I got prescreening for…… my bad.
        Maybe some noise removal would help but it does affect photo detail, right?
        Another thing, that is I’ve found that photos with perfect blue skies don’t seem to need any contrast adjustment, but dull grey skies are frequent causes for contrast problems. How does one read from the histogram to determine whether contrast is ok? (I know there’s a post regarding that topic but it mainly had to do with ground-based images, aerial shots are somewhat a bit different with a huge spike in the histogram representing sky color. In these cases, how is the histogram read?)
        Sorry for the long post and many thanks for your time!

Comment

Sorry, I must’ve confused the SQ with another photo that I got prescreening for…… my bad.
          Maybe some noise removal would help but it does affect photo detail, right?
          Another thing, that is I’ve found that photos with perfect blue skies don’t seem to need any contrast adjustment, but dull grey skies are frequent causes for contrast problems. How does one read from the histogram to determine whether contrast is ok? (I know there’s a post regarding that topic but it mainly had to do with ground-based images, aerial shots are somewhat a bit different with a huge spike in the histogram representing sky color. In these cases, how is the histogram read?)
          Sorry for the long post and many thanks for your time!
          Just know any image taken in cloudy weather will have a much more difficult time being accepted. No need to look at a histogram for those images.

Comment

• Thanks Dana. For the SQ and CZ I made some more adjustments, would these work?
            And for these three previously prescreened un-contrasty photos, would these work now? (been working with these for ages...... so hard to get it right)
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Dana. For the SQ and CZ I made some more adjustments, would these work?
              And for these three previously prescreened un-contrasty photos, would these work now? (been working with these for ages...... so hard to get it right)
              The only one that I would add instantly is the first. The rest have quality/contrast issues.

Comment

The only one that I would add instantly is the first. The rest have quality/contrast issues.
                Thanks. Could you please elaborate on the SQ? Is the contrast still not enough? And how do you tell that the quality is an issue for it?

Comment

Thanks. Could you please elaborate on the SQ? Is the contrast still not enough? And how do you tell that the quality is an issue for it?
                  Light is harsh. Quality doesn't look great for 1920pix. Would be a rejection from me.

Comment

• Hi, was wondering whether these would be ok. Prescreening for these please, thanks!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, was wondering whether these would be ok. Prescreening for these please, thanks!
                      Soft/poor contrast. Please do not attempt to upload at 1920pix.

Comment

Soft/poor contrast. Please do not attempt to upload at 1920pix.
                        Thanks, I guess I'll stick to 1280 for most photos then...... Could you please elaborate on the SQ? I really want to fix it to make it acceptable.

And for the latter three, is the weather simply not fit for uploading, and if not, do I need to apply more or less sharpening? Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks, I guess I'll stick to 1280 for most photos then...... Could you please elaborate on the SQ? I really want to fix it to make it acceptable.
                          Nothing to elaborate. Imho too soft for 1920pix, and contrast is weak.

Comment

• Hi Dana, I don't want to seem as if I'd ignored your suggestions, but I really wish these photos to be in 1920pix, so I've given them a bit more work. May these be prescreened? (Especially the SQ and VN, they're foreign airlines and I really want to expand my airline collection)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dana, I don't want to seem as if I'd ignored your suggestions, but I really wish these photos to be in 1920pix, so I've given them a bit more work. May these be prescreened? (Especially the SQ and VN, they're foreign airlines and I really want to expand my airline collection)
                              None of these have the quality for 1920pix, sorry.

Comment

None of these have the quality for 1920pix, sorry.
                                Thanks Dana. Are there telltale signs that indicate the quality isn’t there? (For the SQ I only added extra sharpening and contrast plus a bit of noise removal, why would quality be an issue all of a sudden?)

And quality aside, how is the contrast for these photos?

Comment

Working...
                                X