5. soft, horizon
    Would 4 by itself be OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Oojiflip View Post

Would 4 by itself be OK?
      No, soft, obstructed, and awkward crop.

Comment

Hi,
        Could you pre-screen the following please.
        Best,
        Taylor

Click image for larger version

Name:	G-HARG.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	497.6 KB
ID:	1159798Click image for larger version

Name:	F-HBLH4.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	676.2 KB
ID:	1159799Click image for larger version

Name:	G-EUYB4.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	733.1 KB
ID:	1159800Click image for larger version

Name:	ZM4074.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	795.2 KB
ID:	1159801

Comment

Hi,
          1. borderline dark/contrast
          2. soft
          3. ok for me
          4. soft, borderline dark/contrast

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. borderline dark/contrast
            2. soft
            3. ok for me
            4. soft, borderline dark/contrast
            Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks,
              Taylor

Name:	ZM303.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	315.6 KB
ID:	1159876Click image for larger version

Name:	G-JZHK2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	385.5 KB
ID:	1159877Click image for larger version

Name:	ZP809.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	325.2 KB
ID:	1159878Click image for larger version

Name:	TC-COH2.jpg
Size:	415.2 KB
ID:	1159879Click image for larger version

Name:	G-TUMS.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	507.6 KB
ID:	1159880

Comment

Hi,

and:

Prescreening is meant to be used as a tool to check certain images you are unsure about, learn from the feedback you receive, improve, then hopefully not need to ask for help in those areas any more. It is not meant to be a process where you post the maximum number of requests you can, wait the minimum 24 hours, then post the maximum again, and repeat. I see more than a few guys doing this, and it shows me that they are not really making any effort to learn from the process but rather are simply taking advantage of free screening. If you've taken 10+ images in similar conditions, there is no need to post all of them for feedback. One or two will do, and you can then apply that feedback to the rest.

Comment

and:

Prescreening is meant to be used as a tool to check certain images you are unsure about, learn from the feedback you receive, improve, then hopefully not need to ask for help in those areas any more. It is not meant to be a process where you post the maximum number of requests you can, wait the minimum 24 hours, then post the maximum again, and repeat. I see more than a few guys doing this, and it shows me that they are not really making any effort to learn from the process but rather are simply taking advantage of free screening. If you've taken 10+ images in similar conditions, there is no need to post all of them for feedback. One or two will do, and you can then apply that feedback to the rest.
                  Sorry, I've changed my editing process recently and I'm unsure if the shots I'm posting are sharp enough. I'm confident in my ability to judge contrast and the histogram, as well as centering and horizon, but as of late I've not been able to really tell if my shots are sharp enough, hence the pre screening requests. Also today was my first time using an ultrawide so I wanted feedback on if the shots were even acceptable in terms of distortion and crop.
                  My apologies for the repeated requests, I'll try and keep them to a minimum from now on.
                  Best,
                  Taylor

Comment

Hi,
                    I've applied the latest sharpening advice I received and would like to know if it improved the sharpness of my images, first is an example of my old technique, and second is the revised method of sharpening before downsampling. Is the second version any better? Also I usually use Preserve Details 2.0 but with the new method I've used Bicubic Sharper as that's what I've generally seen people use.
                    Best,
                    Taylor

Old
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	20-5583-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	403.5 KB ID:	1160683
                    New
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	20-5583.jpg Views:	0 Size:	403.0 KB ID:	1160684

Comment

Hi,
                      I've applied the latest sharpening advice I received and would like to know if it improved the sharpness of my images, first is an example of my old technique, and second is the revised method of sharpening before downsampling. Is the second version any better? Also I usually use Preserve Details 2.0 but with the new method I've used Bicubic Sharper as that's what I've generally seen people use.
                      Older one looks better. I'll admit I have it set to Automatic for mine

Comment

Older one looks better. I'll admit I have it set to Automatic for mine
                        Just realized I caught 3 new registration F-35s at Lakenheath so I'll get those uploaded now and take care of the sharpening when I have some time to play around, I'll try auto!

Comment

Hi,
                          Wondering whether the below image is acceptable. Playing around with the histogram to make it look normal makes the shot look overexposed due to how dark the cloud was behind the plane. Would just a smidge of negative exposure comp work or is it good as is? Also using a different sharpening method, does it work?
                          Best,
                          Taylor

Name:	G-JZBP_1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	560.0 KB
ID:	1161268

Comment

Hi,
                            Wondering whether the below image is acceptable. Playing around with the histogram to make it look normal makes the shot look overexposed due to how dark the cloud was behind the plane. Would just a smidge of negative exposure comp work or is it good as is? Also using a different sharpening method, does it work?
                            Somewhat soft, but would be ok for me.

Comment

Hi,
                              Wondering if the Heritage F-15E is "special" enough to count as a special scheme?
                              Also is the sharpness up to scratch on these? If it is then I've finally got a process that can produce consistent results that are acceptable on the sharpness level.
                              Best,
                              Taylor

Name:	92-0364.jpg
Size:	402.9 KB
ID:	1161613Click image for larger version

Name:	20-5590.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	445.7 KB
ID:	1161614

Comment

Hi,
                                Wondering if the Heritage F-15E is "special" enough to count as a special scheme?
                                Also is the sharpness up to scratch on these? If it is then I've finally got a process that can produce consistent results that are acceptable on the sharpness level.
                                Yes special scheme. Both ok for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X