Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Tweddle | Advice regarding photo editing

Morning all,

I seem to be hit and miss with my photos being accepted lately. Most rejections are for 'Under sharpened' (Soft) while others are being accepted (even though the photo distance is the same, aircraft position is next to each other, settings on camera the same etc.). This photo was rejected today for the above (Under sharpened [soft]) and for Heat Distortion.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This photo was taken at about 0900hrs, the temperature was 4c, the distance was the same, as was settings of other pictures that were accepted. Can someone point out to me, where its soft and where the heat distortion is please? At full resolution, the picture is quite clear and I have use DXO Photolab 5 Elite for my editing.

Look forward to advice and comments, many thanks from a sunny Brisbane, Queensland.
    Last edited by bleuair; 2022-10-04, 22:32.

Hi, please read here carefully when you get the chance:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

I've combined and moved your threads, but in the future post any new questions about advice here please.

1. A bit soft, but I don't see any heat haze. Should be easy to fix with a better edit.
    2. Needs a little CCW rotation (most of the verticals are leaning right). Contrast is a bit harsh, but would have been ok for me.

Comment

First pic would be acceptable everywhere. Not even a bit soft.

Second one looks a bit overprocessed and needs the rotation

Comment

Originally posted by andrelesenechal View Post
        First pic would be acceptable everywhere. Not even a bit soft.

Second one looks a bit overprocessed and needs the rotation

Everybody is getting senseless rejections.. we just have to 'deal with it' as someone advised me.
        Screeners are not robots. So IMHO it's absolutely normal that they make mistakes....

Comment

Originally posted by CARBONOX CN View Post

Screeners are not robots. So IMHO it's absolutely normal that they make mistakes....
          Yes.

Comment

Not a screener, but for #1 there are halos visible around the background foliage, and even more around the red tails of the Dorniers. The check for dust tool makes them obvious, but are even visible without.

Comment

Originally posted by David Tweddle
              Morning all, Had a couple of rejections today, and I just need some help and advice so I can learn effectively and try and improve the quality of my images.

1. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10474044 This has been rejected for visible halo's, I just can't see them, if someone can point them out, that would be great. It also was rejected for horizon unlevel. The horizon is level, I have used the tail bar as that will be plumb as well as the tail chain on VH-FFJ behind. The aircraft is not sitting level; as its on grass. Would this be advisable for an appeal?

2. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10474131 This was rejected for Dark/Underexposed. This was in late afternoon light, I have increased the exposure when I uploaded it, I'm surprised it was rejected as it looked good. Worth an appeal?

Look forward to any replies. After my dressing down with how I posted before and complained, I in know way want to offend or be a pain, just want to learn (and I hate putting in rejections!)

Best regards
              1. Sky has been darkened, the whole treeline has a halo between it and the sky. Needs CW rotation.
              2. Exposure close to ok for me, but the sky has also been darkened in this one. Better edit should rectify both issues.

Comment

Just hoping to get some advice on the two pictures. The Dash 8 if the exposure and contrast is looking correct and the same with the 737 as well? Also, do they look over sharpened?

Also, do people save images Bicubic or Bicubic sharpener?

Many thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9173 Q400 -3 BS 1280.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	727.0 KB
ID:	1148687Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9190 VUI 1280 -3 BS.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	481.5 KB
ID:	1148688

Comment

Originally posted by David Tweddle View Post
                  Just hoping to get some advice on the two pictures. The Dash 8 if the exposure and contrast is looking correct and the same with the 737 as well? Also, do they look over sharpened?

Also, do people save images Bicubic or Bicubic sharpener?
                  Borderline overexposed/too much contrast. Angle of the sun is quite harsh.

Don't think there's much difference between the two settings, but for here sharper is usually the better bet.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Borderline overexposed/too much contrast. Angle of the sun is quite harsh.

Don't think there's much difference between the two settings, but for here sharper is usually the better bet.
                    Many thanks for the comments. The sun was directly ahead of me, so I'll give them a miss.

How would this picture fair? Many thanks again for the help
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9240_DxO (1) IG.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	886.4 KB
ID:	1148756

Comment

How would this picture fair? Many thanks again for the help
                      Soft/badly heat hazed. No chance at 1920pix.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Noted

Comment

Afternoon all just some advice on these two pictures please. My only concern is that it is a white high level cloud sky background (which is making me think not to upload). Looking forward to any advice. Merry Christmas.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Afternoon all just some advice on these two pictures please. My only concern is that it is a white high level cloud sky background (which is making me think not to upload). Looking forward to any advice. Merry Christmas.
                            1. soft, backlit
                            2. soft, contrast

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. soft, backlit
                              2. soft, contrast
                              Many thanks. Noted

Comment

Working...
                              X