No announcement yet.

David Tweddle | Advice regarding photo editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Alex, I think I know what the issue is. It was 3c at Haneda when I took the shot (freezing for someone who lives in Queensland) but I’ve realised after the comments that it’s APU exhaust from the aircraft parked up in front of me. In summer I would expect heat haze, but not how cold it was and some of my photos I’ve not yet edited are fine, others have this slight haze. This is one I won’t upload, thanks for all the advice.

Comment

Heat haze comes from a difference of temperature between ground and air. So it's also totally possible in winter
      But yes, APU are a pain at HAN

Regards
      Alex

Comment

The APU’s were a pain, even on taxiing aircraft. I thought I would be ok for departing aircraft. Thanks for the heat haze issue, everyday a school day

Comment

Morning all, just some rejection advice for a photo. Just seeing if this picture can be saved, I thought it was centred, but that can be corrected. But look forward to any replies. Many thanks

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Originally posted by David Tweddle View Post
            Morning all, just some rejection advice for a photo. Just seeing if this picture can be saved, I thought it was centred, but that can be corrected. But look forward to any replies. Many thanks

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Fair amount of noise visible (and some softness). I guess it will depend on your editing skills.

Comment

Hi again, thanks for the comments, with my editing skills still in amateur stage, I have had a play around with it again. How does it look now? Thanks again for any advice.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi again, thanks for the comments, with my editing skills still in amateur stage, I have had a play around with it again. How does it look now? Thanks again for any advice.
                Tail area is soft. Minor amount of noise visible in sky.

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Hi all, just some advice on this picture please before I upload. It was an early morning, and i've tried to keep the exposure correct. Look forward to any advice. Cheers
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi again, and just some advice on a rejection that I got. I understand the exposure bit, but this is the second one i've had rejected for 'categories wrong or missing' would just like to know what I missed out or got wrong, as this is always the last thing I double check before uploading? many thanks

Comment

Hi all, just some advice on this picture please before I upload. It was an early morning, and i've tried to keep the exposure correct. Look forward to any advice. Cheers
                        Overall ok for me, but highlights nearly clipped in several areas.

Rejected image needs 'Night Shot'.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Overall ok for me, but highlights nearly clipped in several areas.

Rejected image needs 'Night Shot'.
                          Cheers for that, appreciated and noted.

Comment

Afternoon all, any improvements needed for this one? Think the shot looks good enough. Many thanks and best regards.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi again, I had this photo rejected for identifible faces. If I photoshop the faces out, would this still be accepted?

Many thanks

Comment

Blurring face, etc. came up a little while ago - going to be classed as digital manipulation and not advisable at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X