• eric0422-Prescreening/Rejection Help

Hi all,

I am looking for help for two recent rejected photos:

One was rejected for the following reasons:

Dark / Underexposed
    Undersharpened (Soft)
    Too much or too little contrast
    Categories wrong or missing

Among these, I am not sure if this is a case of too much or too little contrast and the rejection does not specify which, The photo was in focus but cropped, possibly resulting in the soft rejection, is this fixable? Here is the rejection link: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10433957

Another one was rejected for:

Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)

Again, I'm not sure if this is too much or too little contrast, I am guessing it is too much contrast but wanted to confirm. On the other hand, I centered the photo according to the upload guideline as well as referencing accepted photos from the past, centering in the middle of the fuselage just under the windows, so I don't know why bad framing would be a reason. Here is the rejection link for this one: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10436484

I would appreciate any help & input, thank you!

Sincerely,
    Eric

Hello!

I recently uploaded my first flightdeck image but it was rejected, one of the reasons being "part of aircraft cut off". Since it is impossible to include the entirety of the flightdeck in one photo, how should I compose flightdeck photos in the future and judge whether or not there is a part of aircraft cut off?

Here is the link to the rejected photo: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10359637

Comment

Hi,
      There are plenty of cockpit shots in the database, maybe you can learn a little bit from them.
      I guess, that It would be better to saty a little bit further in the back.
      However, from my point of view, the cut-off rejection maybe would not be there, if the bottom displays were complete, focusing the camera more towards the bottom part of the cockpit.
      Not a screener though.
      https://www.jetphotos.com/showphotos...d&sort-order=0

Comment

Originally posted by eric0422 View Post
        Hello!

I recently uploaded my first flightdeck image but it was rejected, one of the reasons being "part of aircraft cut off". Since it is impossible to include the entirety of the flightdeck in one photo, how should I compose flightdeck photos in the future and judge whether or not there is a part of aircraft cut off? I use an 18mm full frame lens for these photos.

Here is the link to the rejected photo: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10359637
        P.S: I understand the other rejection reasons and will fix them for future photos.
        Very awkward crop. There is no purpose to crop out most of the interesting part (instrument panels) and leave in the badly overexposed windows/exterior.

Comment

Hi all,

I am looking for help for two recent rejected photos:

One was rejected for the following reasons:

Dark / Underexposed
          Undersharpened (Soft)

Among these, I am not sure if this is a case of too much or too little contrast and the rejection does not specify which, The photo was in focus but cropped, possibly resulting in the soft rejection, is this fixable? Here is the rejection link: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10433957

Another one was rejected for:

Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)

Again, I'm not sure if this is too much or too little contrast, I am guessing it is too much contrast but wanted to confirm. On the other hand, I centered the photo according to the upload guideline as well as referencing accepted photos from the past, centering in the middle of the fuselage just under the windows, so I don't know why bad framing would be a reason. Here is the rejection link for this one: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10436484

I would appreciate any help & input, thank you!

Sincerely,
          Eric
          1. Very poor light, probably not fixable. Softness is less of an issue, though horizon also looks off if you decided to try again.
          2. Centering is ok for me, light also weak, but better than first image, so maybe fixable. Also somewhat soft.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. Very poor light, probably not fixable. Softness is less of an issue, though horizon also looks off if you decided to try again.
            2. Centering is ok for me, light also weak, but better than first image, so maybe fixable. Also somewhat soft.
            Thank you, I will re-upload the second image. Would you say there is any way to improve the centering and should the contrast be reduced a little?

Comment

Thank you, I will re-upload the second image. Would you say there is any way to improve the centering and should the contrast be reduced a little?
              As I said, centering is fine for me. Image overall is a bit dark, so try brightening a little without losing too much contrast.

Comment

Hello all,

I'd like to know if either of these images display halo or other things that would result in them being rejected. I tested the images using the check for dust tool, and I see some patches of darkness around the tail/landing gear, but I am unable to see them in the images. I have only applied lens correction and a slight increase in exposure and contrast, nothing else. Is this normal? I've since removed them from the queue because I'm not sure what I'm seeing. I will try to upload them after hearing some advice and making any necessary changes. Any answer would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

Click image for larger version  Name:	N948WN.jpg Views:	0 Size:	425.9 KB ID:	1145900Click image for larger version  Name:	N632XL-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	526.8 KB ID:	1145901

Comment

Hello all,

I'd like to know if either of these images display halo or other things that would result in them being rejected. I tested the images using the check for dust tool, and I see some patches of darkness around the tail/landing gear, but I am unable to see them in the images. I have only applied lens correction and a slight increase in exposure and contrast, nothing else. Is this normal? I've since removed them from the queue because I'm not sure what I'm seeing. I will try to upload them after hearing some advice and making any necessary changes. Any answer would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.
                  Hello,

Please read here carefully when you get the chance, especially #4:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

I've moved your post to your previous thread, but in the future please post all new requests for advice here.

There are indeed some light editing halos visible, which would likely cause these to be rejected for overprocessed. Other than that, the quality looks fine to me.

Comment

Hello,

Please read here carefully when you get the chance, especially #4:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

I've moved your post to your previous thread, but in the future please post all new requests for advice here.

There are indeed some light editing halos visible, which would likely cause these to be rejected for overprocessed. Other than that, the quality looks fine to me.
                    What exactly causes the halo? In this case the halo was certainly already present in the original image, and even with no edits I can still see them. Is there a way to avoid halos when shooting? I was shooting at f2.8.

Comment

What exactly causes the halo? In this case the halo was certainly already present in the original image, and even with no edits I can still see them. Is there a way to avoid halos when shooting? I was shooting at f2.8.
                      No, halos like this are caused by editing, either during editing, or in camera by your settings. Anything like clarity, vibrance, dehaze, shadow/highlights, etc.. will cause such halos. They are not a natural phenomenon. If you take the raw file and export with all settings to 0, I guarantee you will not see them.

Comment

No, halos like this are caused by editing, either during editing, or in camera by your settings. Anything like clarity, vibrance, dehaze, shadow/highlights, etc.. will cause such halos. They are not a natural phenomenon. If you take the raw file and export with all settings to 0, I guarantee you will not see them.
                        Perhaps it's something to do with my camera settings, because I can still see the same halo on the tail for the top image when I export with no edits but lens correction. However I did notice there is no halo around the landing gear and tail in earlier photos of the same sequence, where the plane was facing more towards the camera and not side-on. But thank you anyway.

Comment

Hello all,

I have edited three other images and I would like to know if there are any issues with these, especially the last one, Thank you.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	N600LN-1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	604.2 KB ID:	1145943Click image for larger version  Name:	N948WN.jpg Views:	2 Size:	489.0 KB ID:	1145944Click image for larger version  Name:	PH_BQD.jpg Views:	2 Size:	654.7 KB ID:	1145945

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have prescreening requests for two more images: Click image for larger version

Name:	N19141-1.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	819.2 KB
ID:	1146001Click image for larger version

Name:	N663FE.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	848.9 KB
ID:	1146002 Please kindly let me know anything I should change or improve, thank you.

Comment

1. soft/blurry, noisy
                              2. ok for me
                              3. soft, color, contrast, overprocessed
                              4-5. contrast, borderline heat haze

Comment

Working...
                              X