• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. soft/blurry, noisy
    2. ok for me
    3. soft, color, contrast, overprocessed
    4-5. contrast, borderline heat haze
    Thank you. Would you mind elaborating on a few? Is No.3 oversaturated in terms of color, and is it overprocessed because of halo or some other reason, and do you think it is fixable? For No.4 and 5, is the contrast too low or too high?

Comment

Originally posted by eric0422 View Post

Thank you. Would you mind elaborating on a few? Is No.3 oversaturated in terms of color, and is it overprocessed because of halo or some other reason, and do you think it is fixable? For No.4 and 5, is the contrast too low or too high?
      3. yellow tint, light editing halo around tail. I doubt the softness is fixable.
      4-5. dull contrast due to overcast/hazy conditions (fuselages should be white, not gray). Not fixable.

Comment

Hello, I have prescreening request for some wing view photos, please let me know if there are any issues need fixing, thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07921.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	542.9 KB
ID:	1146118Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07909.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	1146119Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07939.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	386.6 KB
ID:	1146120

Comment

Hello, I have prescreening request for some wing view photos, please let me know if there are any issues need fixing
          1. ok for me
          2. soft, contrast
          3. blurry, glare/dirt

Comment

1. ok for me
            2. soft, contrast
            3. blurry, glare/dirt
            Thanks. Is the glare referring to the light glare on the winglets?

Comment

Thanks. Is the glare referring to the light glare on the winglets?
              Yes.

Comment

Hi all, I have a question regarding editing (this is not a prescreening request): Attached is the check dust page of two versions of the same photo. The only difference between the two versions is that the second image has added contrast. I see this very strange jagged pattern in the check dust page, but it's not visible in the photo without added contrast. Does anyone have any idea what might have caused this? Both images are edited from raw files in lightroom and exported at maximum quality. I'll also attach the second photo intended for upload. I won't reupload any of these as I feel like it'll be rejected for bad quality. Any answers are greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Name:	Version 1.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	499.8 KB
ID:	1146927Click image for larger version

Name:	Version 2 (added contrast).jpg
Views:	84
Size:	550.6 KB
ID:	1146928

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_50532.jpg Views:	6 Size:	306.1 KB ID:	1146924

Comment

Hi all, I have a question regarding editing (this is not a prescreening request): Attached is the check dust page of two versions of the same photo. The only difference between the two versions is that the second image has added contrast. I see this very strange jagged pattern in the check dust page, but it's not visible in the photo without added contrast. Does anyone have any idea what might have caused this? Both images are edited from raw files in lightroom and exported at maximum quality. I'll also attach the second photo intended for upload. I won't reupload any of these as I feel like it'll be rejected for bad quality. Any answers are greatly appreciated.
                  Adding contrast forces your editing software to pick where the contrast will be added (i.e. which pixels will get more contrast). If there is not enough data present for the software to work with, you will often see such banding/pixelation where there should be fine gradations in brightness/color, especially in the sky.

Comment

Adding contrast forces your editing software to pick where the contrast will be added (i.e. which pixels will get more contrast). If there is not enough data present for the software to work with, you will often see such banding/pixelation where there should be fine gradations in brightness/color, especially in the sky.
                    Thanks for the answer!

Comment

Hi all, I have prescreening requests for 4 images.
                      For the 1st and 2nd, would the contrast be a problem?
                      For the 3rd and 4th, are there any issues with centering? I intend to upload the 3rd as Ramp, and the 4th as Hangar. Should I tick the "Airport Overview" box for these? Thanks!

Name:	DSC08078.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	359.8 KB
ID:	1146991Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08084.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	381.5 KB
ID:	1146992Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07395.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	580.3 KB
ID:	1146993Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07393.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	660.1 KB
ID:	1146994

Comment

I am not a screener .. but I am sure the first tow are going to be a contrast reject because of no direct sunlight on the subjects .. I suspect also that you will get dark rejections for the other two .. but I'm sure a screener will weigh in.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
                          I am not a screener .. but I am sure the first tow are going to be a contrast reject because of no direct sunlight on the subjects .. I suspect also that you will get dark rejections for the other two .. but I'm sure a screener will weigh in.
                          Thanks. I can fix the darkness for 3 and 4, do you see any issues with centering? I've never uploaded airport photos before so for the 3rd I still try to center on all the aircraft fuselage, for the 4th I centered the hangar itself. Do I need to tick the airport overview box for the 3rd?

Comment

Thanks. I can fix the darkness for 3 and 4, do you see any issues with centering? I've never uploaded airport photos before so for the 3rd I still try to center on all the aircraft fuselage, for the 4th I centered the hangar itself. Do I need to tick the airport overview box for the 3rd?
                            I am not an expert on ramp/hangar shots but I would say the look centered .. also, if I remember right. airport overview is for air to ground shots, but I might be wrong on that.

Comment

Hi all, I'd like some rejection advice for this photo:
                              JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Rejection reason includes vignetting, which I assume is the dark patch at the top left of the image, how do I fix this? I had only increased the overall exposure when editing from raw.

Also, if a screener would like to chime in on the two airport images above, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comment

Hi all, I'd like some rejection advice for this photo:
                                JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Rejection reason includes vignetting, which I assume is the dark patch at the top left of the image, how do I fix this? I had only increased the overall exposure when editing from raw.

Also, if a screener would like to chime in on the two airport images above, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
                                Vignetting that localized and strong is usually not fixable after the fact and better avoided in the first place.

Two airport images are soft and borderline for dark/motive (a lot of the frame is just foreground/clutter, especially the first).

Comment

Working...
                                X