• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eric0422 View Post
    Are these acceptable?
    Likely not.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. borderline dark/contrast
      2. too many problems to list, please don't upload. Not a ramp shot.
      I have adjusted No.1, does it have a better chance now?

Also, would these flight deck photos pass? I have seen quite a few flight deck shots composed this way with a close-up of the thrust lever. My main worry is if they will be rejected with blurry (the background is blurry since I was shooting at a big aperture) or with centering/horizon. Thank you!
      Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03494.jpg Views:	0 Size:	373.3 KB ID:	1148022Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03726.jpg Views:	0 Size:	420.3 KB ID:	1148027Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03708.jpg Views:	0 Size:	683.0 KB ID:	1148030

Comment

I have adjusted No.1, does it have a better chance now?

Also, would these flight deck photos pass? I have seen quite a few flight deck shots composed this way with a close-up of the thrust lever. My main worry is if they will be rejected with blurry (the background is blurry since I was shooting at a big aperture) or with centering/horizon. Thank you!
        1. borderline contrast; ok for me
        2-3. dof likely too low

Comment

1. borderline contrast; ok for me
          2-3. dof likely too low
          Should I step down the aperture when shooting the flight deck? I've seen these kind of close up with a even shallower dof and it is accpeted, such as this one: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10646513

Comment

Should I step down the aperture when shooting the flight deck? I've seen these kind of close up with a even shallower dof and it is accpeted, such as this one: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10646513
            Will come down to screener's taste. I'd recommend going for either very shallow DOF as in the image you linked, or much deeper. It's the in-between that's more likely to be an issue, though the ones with very shallow DOF also have a higher chance of being rejected.

Comment

Will come down to screener's taste. I'd recommend going for either very shallow DOF as in the image you linked, or much deeper. It's the in-between that's more likely to be an issue, though the ones with very shallow DOF also have a higher chance of being rejected.
              Interesting, thanks for the insight.

Comment

Prescreening for this image please:

And I have a question: When uploading wing view, do I center the wing horizontally or center the horizon (If visible) horizontally? I've seen photos centered both ways in the database. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07969-2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	439.5 KB
ID:	1148190

Comment

Prescreening for this image please:

And I have a question: When uploading wing view, do I center the wing horizontally or center the horizon (If visible) horizontally? I've seen photos centered both ways in the database. Thanks.
                  Centering looks fine. Contrast is quite harsh/dark.

Comment

Centering looks fine. Contrast is quite harsh/dark.
                    Is this better? Also, could you kindly answer my wing view question? Thanks a lot.

Name:	DSC07969-3.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	397.0 KB
ID:	1148203

Comment

And I have a question: When uploading wing view, do I center the wing horizontally or center the horizon (If visible) horizontally? I've seen photos centered both ways in the database.
                      There is no specific guideline for that.

Comment

Rejection help for this one please: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10590101

For the horizon unlevel: The hangar was at an angle with the camera instead of facing it straight on, so the horizontal lines do look off. So, I have referenced the vertical lines of the hangar. There is no other way I could make the horizontal lines horizontal in the image because that way it would definitely be unlevel. How should I solve this issue?

For the undersharpened/soft: I was shooting at f11 and iso100 on a tripod and didn't crop much. I added a reasonable amount of sharpening when editing as well. Also not sure how to fix this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comment

Rejection help for this one please: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10590101

For the horizon unlevel: The hangar was at an angle with the camera instead of facing it straight on, so the horizontal lines do look off. So, I have referenced the vertical lines of the hangar. There is no other way I could make the horizontal lines horizontal in the image because that way it would definitely be unlevel. How should I solve this issue?

For the undersharpened/soft: I was shooting at f11 and iso100 on a tripod and didn't crop much. I added a reasonable amount of sharpening when editing as well. Also not sure how to fix this.

Thanks in advance for your help!
                          Can't really say much about the horizon since it looks acceptable to me. I suppose it could use a bit more sharpening, but not a lot.

Comment

Can't really say much about the horizon since it looks acceptable to me. I suppose it could use a bit more sharpening, but not a lot.
                            Thanks. Or... should I appeal with what I've said?

Comment

Thanks. Or... should I appeal with what I've said?
                              An appeal would be up to you.

Comment

Hi, prescreening request for these images please. It's my first time uploading helicopters, and the blades are tricky to compose. Is this crop acceptable for the 5th image or should I center the fuselage and cut out the blades?

Name:	DSC06006.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	621.2 KB
ID:	1149120Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06010.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	687.2 KB
ID:	1149121Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06523.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	849.0 KB