Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eric0422-Prescreening/Rejection Help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by eric0422 View Post
    Hi, prescreening request for these images please. It's my first time uploading helicopters, and the blades are tricky to compose. Is this crop acceptable for the 5th image or should I center the fuselage and cut out the blades?
    I see softness issues on most or all of those; crops seem fine.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

      I see softness issues on most or all of those; crops seem fine.
      Are these improved?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06010.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	478.5 KB
ID:	1149138Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06006.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	647.1 KB
ID:	1149139Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06580.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	526.3 KB
ID:	1149140Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06523.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	580.9 KB
ID:	1149142Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06084.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	680.1 KB
ID:	1149141

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by eric0422 View Post

        Are these improved?
        Still soft, maybe even softer.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

          Still soft, maybe even softer.
          I have increased sharpening and decreased denoise, are they better now?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06006.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	673.2 KB
ID:	1149187Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06010.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	745.8 KB
ID:	1149188Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06084-2.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	703.5 KB
ID:	1149189Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06580.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	835.0 KB
ID:	1149190Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06523.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	903.5 KB
ID:	1149191

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by eric0422 View Post

            I have increased sharpening and decreased denoise, are they better now?
            1-2. borderline soft. dof issues I think.
            3. borderline soft, ok for me
            4-5. soft

            Will not comment on these again.

            Comment


            • #81
              Prescreening request: Are these helicopter crops acceptable? Especially the 3rd image. Can I upload the 5th image as night shot? Thank you!
              Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06111.jpg Views:	0 Size:	744.8 KB ID:	1149269Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06069.jpg Views:	0 Size:	904.5 KB ID:	1149273
              Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06132.jpg Views:	0 Size:	601.9 KB ID:	1149270Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03472.jpg Views:	0 Size:	343.3 KB ID:	1149271Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06614-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	380.0 KB ID:	1149272

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by eric0422 View Post
                Prescreening request: Are these helicopter crops acceptable? Especially the 3rd image. Can I upload the 5th image as night shot?
                1-2, 4. borderline dark
                3. ok for me
                5. borderline glare/overexposed. yes night shot.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                  1-2, 4. borderline dark
                  3. ok for me
                  5. borderline glare/overexposed. yes night shot.
                  Are they better now?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06111.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	760.6 KB
ID:	1149338Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06069.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	929.9 KB
ID:	1149339Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03472.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	1149340Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06614.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	385.5 KB
ID:	1149341

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by eric0422 View Post
                    Are they better now?
                    1-3. yes, slightly better.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Prescreening request please, can I upload the first 4 photos as night shot?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07858-2.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	366.9 KB
ID:	1149396
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07309.jpg Views:	0 Size:	424.2 KB ID:	1149392Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07100.jpg Views:	0 Size:	370.8 KB ID:	1149393Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08123.jpg Views:	0 Size:	496.2 KB ID:	1149394Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06780.jpg Views:	0 Size:	508.0 KB ID:	1149395

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by eric0422 View Post
                        Prescreening request please, can I upload the first 4 photos as night shot?
                        Soft, vignetting. Yes night shot.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                          Soft, vignetting. Yes night shot.
                          Vignetting for all of these? Aperture was at f8 and I applied the lens correction profile in lightroom.

                          Some of these images used up almost all of the frame, would it be better if the aircraft only took up the middle part of the frame? I can't really see vignetting on the image itself but using the equalizer it does look like vignetting. I know most people shoot at f8 so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

                          Attached are the re-edits of these images regarding vignetting and softness, are they acceptable? If still not, do you think they are fixable at all? Thank you.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07858.jpg Views:	0 Size:	372.1 KB ID:	1149424Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07309.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	472.3 KB
ID:	1149463Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07100-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	373.0 KB ID:	1149426Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08123.jpg Views:	0 Size:	503.1 KB ID:	1149427Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06780.jpg Views:	0 Size:	529.1 KB ID:	1149428

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by eric0422 View Post

                            Vignetting for all of these? Aperture was at f8 and I applied the lens correction profile in lightroom.

                            Some of these images used up almost all of the frame, would it be better if the aircraft only took up the middle part of the frame? I can't really see vignetting on the image itself but using the equalizer it does look like vignetting. I know most people shoot at f8 so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

                            Attached are the re-edits of these images regarding vignetting and softness, are they acceptable? If still not, do you think they are fixable at all? Thank you.
                            You can still have vignetting at f/8, especially when shooting at the wide/long end of lens. It really depends on the lens. Unfortunately cheaper lenses tend not to control issues like that very well.

                            Borderline soft/dark/overprocessed for all five images.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                              You can still have vignetting at f/8, especially when shooting at the wide/long end of lens. It really depends on the lens. Unfortunately cheaper lenses tend not to control issues like that very well.

                              Borderline soft/dark/overprocessed for all five images.
                              Thanks. So I understand the vignetting is now fixed, but I had not changed the exposure in this second edit, are they darker than before?

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by eric0422 View Post

                                Thanks. So I understand the vignetting is now fixed, but I had not changed the exposure in this second edit, are they darker than before?
                                There has been a minor change to the exposure in fact, though I was more just covering my bases as it were to point out any other potential issues

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X