Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NewScotlandLad
    replied
    One final run at the second one. Flying a little close to the sun the editing. Still need to get sharper right out of camera. Thanks for feedback.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by NewScotlandLad View Post
    Roger that. Did a different pass on the two with overprocessed issues. Working on workflow again. Thanks.
    Processing looks better (editing halos nearly gone); first looks a bit blurry, and the second soft. If true, first might not be fixable.

Leave a comment:

• NewScotlandLad
    replied
    Roger that. Did a different pass on the two with overprocessed issues. Working on workflow again. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thanks for the continued feedback. I just went ahead and assumed the originals simply weren't good enough. Had a chance to shoot some new ones today. Trying some different things with in-camera settings, lenses and technique. Still a work in progress on all that. Here are a couple for your feedback. Thanks.
    1. oversharpened, overprocessed, centering
    2. backlit, centering, cutoff, oversharpened, contrast, horizon
    3. dark, overprocessed

Leave a comment:

• NewScotlandLad
    replied
    Thanks for the continued feedback. I just went ahead and assumed the originals simply weren't good enough. Had a chance to shoot some new ones today. Trying some different things with in-camera settings, lenses and technique. Still a work in progress on all that. Here are a couple for your feedback. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback. Modifying my workflow through all the feedback. Learning is a journey. Here are two more. Thanks.
    Slightly improved, but quality still too low to be accepted. Maybe post one of the originals to see if the quality is actually there to make it worth trying another edit.

Leave a comment:

• 787Dream
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback. Modifying my workflow through all the feedback. Learning is a journey. Here are two more. Thanks.
    Not a screener.

Still blurry and oversharpened. I think this is a photo issue, and probably no workflow would save it. You need to figure out why your images look soft. Incorrect setting/lens/vibrations or such.

Leave a comment:

• NewScotlandLad
    replied

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    A couple more for pre-screening advice for JP suitability from a sunny shoot. Thank you.
    Blurry and oversharpened to compensate on all.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Chang
    replied
    A couple more for pre-screening advice for JP suitability from a sunny shoot. Thank you.
    not screener, looks soft for all of them

Leave a comment:

• NewScotlandLad
    replied

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    As far as softness goes, it's becoming a theme. Is this simply too soft a photo and I need to work on taking a sharper photo, or could I continue to work on this in post? I use unsharp mask a fair bit, but want to avoid over sharpening as well. Just curious for any additional thoughts on this from crew or otherwise. Thank you.
    Can only guess, but it seems the originals might be soft themselves. You can try to hide this with careful editing and lower resolutions, but it would be more work than simply starting with a sharp image. Post one of the originals (unedited) if you'd like confirmation of the starting quality.

Leave a comment:

• NewScotlandLad
    replied
    As far as softness goes, it's becoming a theme. Is this simply too soft a photo and I need to work on taking a sharper photo, or could I continue to work on this in post? I use unsharp mask a fair bit, but want to avoid over sharpening as well. Just curious for any additional thoughts on this from crew or otherwise. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thank you once again. A better day, condition-wise. Perhaps some better photos. Still working on my editing workflow as well. Thanks for any thoughts/advice re: JP suitability.
    Images are soft and noisy.

Leave a comment:

• NewScotlandLad
    replied
    Thank you once again. A better day, condition-wise. Perhaps some better photos. Still working on my editing workflow as well. Thanks for any thoughts/advice re: JP suitability.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X