Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft RAW images

Hi

I shoot in RAW + JPEG FINE and for some reason, my raw photos look perfectly clear on the camera and on lightroom but the moment I zoom in, the aircraft is very soft and I was just wondering, what’s the max I should sharpen to get accepted into Jetphotos and also how far should I go with the noise reduction? Also how can I get my images to appear on light room not soft?

Simple solution - Don't zoom in. Add sharpening and a touch a noise reduction and then export the images at 1280px and then look at them. When you look at them in a windows photo viewer or when they are uploaded to JetPhotos, you won't be able to see as much detail in the images since they are a smaller image size.

I did the same thing as you for a while - I would sharpen and add noise reduction while zooming in on the image. As a result I wouldn't sharpen enough and my images were always rejected for being too soft.

If the images are sharp enough out of camera, I usually sharpen the RAW files to between 90 and 120, set Radius to 1.3 to 1.7, detail to 35, masking to around 20-25, and noise reduction to around 20 as well. That seems to work pretty well for me and my acceptance ratio over the past 2 months is over 80%.

Comment

Ahh okay, yeah they come out clear on the camera and then when on lightroom, they appear soft, I’ll follow the advice which you’ve given me, also what do you mean by set radius?

Comment

Originally posted by Shahrukh1091 View Post
        Ahh okay, yeah they come out clear on the camera and then when on lightroom, they appear soft, I’ll follow the advice which you’ve given me, also what do you mean by set radius?
        Radius is under sharpening. Within the sharpening section in Lightroom you should see Radius, Detail, and Masking.

Comment

Ahh okay, it’s because I might be using the new lightroom, not lightroom classic

Comment

So what’s the max they will accept sharpening and noise reduction?

Comment

That's all gonna depend on the quality of the original file. There isn't really a good way to give an answer to that.

Comment

This not only depends on the original image, but it also depends on the screener. Do what works best for you.

Comment

Working...
                X