Avsfan21's Prescreening/editing advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avsfan21's Prescreening/editing advise

First I want to say thank you in advance. I have been reviewing the forums and trying to improve on how I edit photos to get them through the screening process in the future. I am still trying to understand the whole contrast that is talked about a lot. I am still new to editing photos so I am still learning everything through lightroom with the histograms and sliders. I am looking for any advise to help improve on getting the editing down to get a better acceptance rate on phots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CLT 8-31-22 378.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	452.3 KB
ID:	1145836Click image for larger version

Name:	CLT 8-31-22 451.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	647.0 KB
ID:	1145837Click image for larger version

Name:	CLT 8-31-22 521.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	442.6 KB
ID:	1145838

Originally posted by Avsfan21 View Post
    First I want to say thank you in advance. I have been reviewing the forums and trying to improve on how I edit photos to get them through the screening process in the future. I am still trying to understand the whole contrast that is talked about a lot. I am still new to editing photos so I am still learning everything through lightroom with the histograms and sliders. I am looking for any advise to help improve on getting the editing down to get a better acceptance rate on phots.
    Hi, these would be rejected:

1. soft, overprocessed
    2. soft, dark, centering
    3. dark, overprocessed

Editing halos are visible, and are especially strong on the first and third.

Comment

Thank you dlowwa. I have watched a few videos on editing for lightroom for JP to get some help identifying some of the issues. Hopefully these aren't overprocessed at least.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Avsfan21 View Post
        Thank you dlowwa. I have watched a few videos on editing for lightroom for JP to get some help identifying some of the issues. Hopefully these aren't overprocessed at least.
        Still some very light halos visible, but not as bad as before, and might not be strong enough to cause a rejection. Also some minor softness, and horizon on the last one is off.

Comment

Working...
        X