Prescreening/editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescreening/editing advice

I'm requesting some prescreening advice on the attached photo. The original submission was rejected for underexposure and halos. I've believe I have fixed the problems and hopefully not introduced anything new. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by dgrizzard725 View Post
    I'm requesting some prescreening advice on the attached photo. The original submission was rejected for underexposure and halos. I've believe I have fixed the problems and hopefully not introduced anything new. Thanks in advance.
    Exposure ok, but soft and halo(s) still visible along top of fuselage.

Comment

Thanks you. Here is another edit. Had to move to another raw processor to get over the halo issue and hopefully sharpen a bit. Do have a link you can provide to the tools you use to evaluate images?
      Attached Files

Comment

Equalized it for ya, definitely better but I think I still see a slight halo under the shadow of the engine. It isn't too noticeable if there is one.

Comment

Thanks you. Here is another edit. Had to move to another raw processor to get over the halo issue and hopefully sharpen a bit. Do have a link you can provide to the tools you use to evaluate images?
          LIght halo still visible along top of fuselage. Contrast also slightly weaker, and blue-ish tint. Tools are on the image page once uploaded, but any issue should be visible without using them to cause a rejection, i.e. they are used for guidance only, not to determine if an image should be accepted or not.

Comment

Thank you again for taking the time to prescreen the image. Here is another edit.
            1) I did notice the weaker contrast in the prior image. I made the adjustment. Seems to be a fine line between too much and not enough. Hopefully not too much.
            2) The halo problem is very difficult as the raw processor(s) seems to have difficulty with high contrast areas with this image. I made an adjustment.
            3) Yep, saw the blue-ish tint under the wings. I missed that when I changed raw processors. It was removed in the first but not when I changed. Forgot to check it when I changed.

General not to myself is I need a check list to verify everything in the guide provided on the jetPhotos site plus any other lessons learned. Hence the problems with 1) and 2) when changing processors. Speaking of a checklist, do you have one that you follow or a work flow for the order in which you make adjustments to your images. Seems like the there are interactions between adjustments in the raw processors like adobe camera raw and DxO's photolab.

The reason for asking about the tool link is I would like to use them prior to submission to get a better feel for where the image is at technically. Maybe that could be a suggestion for improvement for the submission page. Understand it is a guide and not the sole factor for acceptance.

Thanks again.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you again for taking the time to prescreen the image. Here is another edit.
              1) I did notice the weaker contrast in the prior image. I made the adjustment. Seems to be a fine line between too much and not enough. Hopefully not too much.
              2) The halo problem is very difficult as the raw processor(s) seems to have difficulty with high contrast areas with this image. I made an adjustment.
              3) Yep, saw the blue-ish tint under the wings. I missed that when I changed raw processors. It was removed in the first but not when I changed. Forgot to check it when I changed.

General not to myself is I need a check list to verify everything in the guide provided on the jetPhotos site plus any other lessons learned. Hence the problems with 1) and 2) when changing processors. Speaking of a checklist, do you have one that you follow or a work flow for the order in which you make adjustments to your images. Seems like the there are interactions between adjustments in the raw processors like adobe camera raw and DxO's photolab.

The reason for asking about the tool link is I would like to use them prior to submission to get a better feel for where the image is at technically. Maybe that could be a suggestion for improvement for the submission page. Understand it is a guide and not the sole factor for acceptance.

Thanks again.
              Contrast looks better. Still light halo, but might not matter.

No specific 'checklist' when editing, each image is adjusted as needed individually, but generally:

Exposure/WB adjustment -> Convert to jpeg -> centering/cropping/levelling -> sharpening/contrast -> resize for upload.

Comment

Thank you for your help. The image has been accepted.

Comment

Looking for prescreening advice for the attached image. First is the composition / shot from underneath acceptable? I'm considering this image as it shows the unique paint scheme underneath. This is not visible in any of the of the current photos. Any other help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Not a screener so cannot really comment on visual aspects of the photo, but a shot like this (slightly underneath) is definitely acceptable.

Comment

Looking for prescreening advice for the attached image. First is the composition / shot from underneath acceptable? I'm considering this image as it shows the unique paint scheme underneath. This is not visible in any of the of the current photos. Any other help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
                      Overprocessed and borderline soft

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Overprocessed and borderline soft
                        Thank you for the feedback.
                        1) I'm assuming the composition is good since you didn't comment
                        2) Can you be more specific about overprocessed? What do you see that makes it look overprocessed?
                        3) Where is the image borderline soft?

Comment

Not to answer for Dana, but over processed almost always means halos, which are slightly visible around the aircraft but would be more obvious after an equalization. Also to my eye the nose is a tad soft, which could be the borderline. Could be wrong, though.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback.
                            1) I'm assuming the composition is good since you didn't comment
                            2) Can you be more specific about overprocessed? What do you see that makes it look overprocessed?
                            3) Where is the image borderline soft?
                            1. correct
                            2. editing halos are visible, especially around the wing
                            3. whole aircraft is a bit soft

Comment

Thank you for your feedback. I've fixed the halo issue and added a bit of sharpening. If I've introduced any other problems please let me know.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X