Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Advice requested by MrJackT

Hello!

I am new to all of this photo editing and also JetPhotos. I have read the upload guidelines and I think I now understand the rules a lot more. My question is, would this photo be accepted or what sort of editing would it need for it to be accepted?

I have included the photos in this post.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks
    Jack
    Attached Files

Not a screener, but both will be rejected for backlit in my opinion.

Comment

Hi Jack, welcome!

I'm not a screener, but the primary issue here is a lack of light on the visible side of the aircraft. These would be rejected for being 'backlit'. Basically if you can't position yourself between the sun and the aircraft, you won't get photos that would be acceptable.

Horizon on these looks close, but probably needs to go clockwise a bit. Assuming the were appropriately lit, would need to be cropped tighter and centered in the frame, and have sharpening applied. As they are, the contrast is lacking, but that's due to the lack of direct light.

Comment

Originally posted by MrJackT View Post
        Hello!

I am new to all of this photo editing and also JetPhotos. I have read the upload guidelines and I think I now understand the rules a lot more. My question is, would this photo be accepted or what sort of editing would it need for it to be accepted?

I have included the photos in this post.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks
        Jack
        No editing would save these 2. Both are backlit and possibly exposed in lack of light condition (which would lead to contrast rejection) due to the overcast condition. Leaning how to correctly expose your aircraft is important in aviation photography.

Comment

Hi Jack,

That very much looks like the viewing park at MAN, which having spotted at many times can say that it's backlit for most of the day for the angle you are shooting. Only in the late summer evenings when the sun has moved around enough is it not back lit. You ideally need to go over to the south side and shoot from there instead so that the sun is behind you.

Your shots are indeed backlit and also dark and can't be edited for acceptance.

Good luck and keep trying.

Comment

Just to add on to what others have said, the centering for these photos is off as well. Ryanair is too low and Icelandair is too low and far to the right. The crop is also a bit wide for the Ice. Keep trying, takes a while to really get to know the standards for JP.

Comment

Backlit and bad the centering. Backlit is impossible to fix and the object is too far. The best way to learn how to edit your photo is by viewing other photos that were accepted to JP.

Comment

Hello,
                Thank you for your replies and also the advice. I’m just trying to learn so obviously nothing is going to be perfect yet.

Are the following photos worth uploading if they had some editing? I know the photos attached won’t be perfect, but I do hope at least one of them is to an acceptable standard after editing….

Thanks
                Jack
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                  Thank you for your replies and also the advice. I’m just trying to learn so obviously nothing is going to be perfect yet.

Are the following photos worth uploading if they had some editing? I know the photos attached won’t be perfect, but I do hope at least one of them is to an acceptable standard after editing….

Thanks
                  Jack
                  Hello,
                  In my perspective, 3 and 5 are backlit and 1 and 2 will most likely have contrast issues as they are not lit at all due to a cloudy weather the 4 is too far and needs to be cropped closer.
                  Also none of them can be uploaded because they exceed the maximum size allowed for upload.

Comment

Out of all of these, I’d say 4 would be your best shot to work with to be possibly accepted. A tighter crop is definitely needed, what you did with the easyJet and Jet2 would be good crop amounts to aim for. Also verify if horizon is good. Like what Juklicek said, also make sure images are resized to 1280px wide at the most for pre-screening, and for uploading as well. (I am not a screener)

Comment

Hello,

Thanks
                      Jack
                      Only the fourth one would be worth investing any time in editing.

Comment

Working...
                      X