Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with resizing photos.

Good afternoon.

I am currently trying to resize an image as it is currently a higher resolution that the site accepts.

However, any method I have tried looses a ridiculous amount of quality.

Any advice on how to deal with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello,

I wonder what software you are using. But personally I recommend Photosop. Change the size, and choose the highest quality when saving your image as a JPG file. I haven't got any quality issues in this way, so it may help. One thing to say is that please do not use your phone to process photos, which will reduce the quality quite much. Hope this could help you.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by GYB_ZBYN View Post
      I wonder what software you are using
      I have tried several different software, including GIMP and several online solutions, however they all degrade the quality by an unacceptable amount. I've attached the result from one of my attempts.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	My project.jpg Views:	0 Size:	318.9 KB ID:	1146558 .

Unfortunately, I am not is a position where I can afford Photoshop/Adobe Suite at the moment. Don't worry, I'm not a savage who would try and edit with my phone.

Regards.

Comment

That photo has issues outside of photo size. Too much dead space and maybe a little underexposed.

Comment

Originally posted by B.Nightingale View Post

I have tried several different software, including GIMP and several online solutions, however they all degrade the quality by an unacceptable amount. I've attached the result from one of my attempts.
          Click image for larger version Name:	My project.jpg Views:	0 Size:	318.9 KB ID:	1146558 .

Unfortunately, I am not is a position where I can afford Photoshop/Adobe Suite at the moment. Don't worry, I'm not a savage who would try and edit with my phone.

Regards.
          Haha, yeah I know not many people do this by phone. Just in case

But I'd say that online ones are not good as well, some even worse than your iPhone. I don't know GIMP much, but after a bit searching I found it better for painting right?
          Many of my friends have come across situations like yours, none of them ended up with other software but PS.
          ​​​​​​I guess I shouldn't say this here, so a small suggestion will be sent to your private messages in a minute.
          Anyway it is not so convenient without some professional apps.

By the way, your photo is in a wrong size (the largest size allowed is 1280×720). Also, it seems that you can crop it tighter and make it brighter. It also has some over processing issues, I think.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by GYB_ZBYN View Post
            By the way, your photo is in a wrong size (the largest size allowed is 1280×720).
            Are you sure? The system has allowed me to upload photos of this size before.

Comment

Originally posted by B.Nightingale View Post

Are you sure? The system has allowed me to upload photos of this size before.
              Well I have a preconception that you don't have the acess to upload larger ones. So did you successfully get access for 1920px?

Comment

There is a 30 days free Trial available for PS Elements which should work perfectly fine

Comment

Working...
                X