X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thanks for your continued help. I'm wondering if this would be a "similar" rejection based on this image: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10817733
    It's the same side of the airplane, but a different phase of flight and I'm unclear about the guidelines.
    Not similar.

Leave a comment:

• tlsmart1@gmail.com
    replied
    Thanks for your continued help. I'm wondering if this would be a "similar" rejection based on this image: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10817733
    It's the same side of the airplane, but a different phase of flight and I'm unclear about the guidelines.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello. The submission guidelines suggest that an obstruction is permissible from deicing equipment if the equipment is in use. Does the same apply for personnel filling the fuel tank? Is this an "obstruction" rejection?
    No obstruction, but very poor crop.

Leave a comment:

• tlsmart1@gmail.com
    replied
    Hello. The submission guidelines suggest that an obstruction is permissible from deicing equipment if the equipment is in use. Does the same apply for personnel filling the fuel tank? Is this an "obstruction" rejection?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thank you for your help. Does heat haze present an issue with this image?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• tlsmart1@gmail.com
    replied
    Thank you for your help. Does heat haze present an issue with this image?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    I've had an embarrassing amount of trouble getting the exposure/contrast right on this, as I have with other photos with similar lighting. Can you advise on this edit?
    Looks a touch dark/flat.

Leave a comment:

• tlsmart1@gmail.com
    replied
    I've had an embarrassing amount of trouble getting the exposure/contrast right on this, as I have with other photos with similar lighting. Can you advise on this edit?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Would you please give me a reality check on these?
    1. oversharpened, dark/contrast
    2. noisy, soft
    3-4. centering
    5. borderline dark/contrast/noisy

Leave a comment:

• tlsmart1@gmail.com
    replied
    Would you please give me a reality check on these?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello. I'm using a new lens which gets good reviews but I'm seeing some vignetting. Would this image be rejected based on vignette? I've included an equalized version from photoshop along with an edit (perhaps underexposed).
    This would be rejected for soft, centering, color, dark, contrast, and vignetting.

Leave a comment:

• tlsmart1@gmail.com
    replied
    Hello. I'm using a new lens which gets good reviews but I'm seeing some vignetting. Would this image be rejected based on vignette? I've included an equalized version from photoshop along with an edit (perhaps underexposed).
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thank you. I made some curve adjustments to this attempt. Soon I won't need help seeing, but does this look better? Regarding "hot" - I submitted it as hot because the livery had changed since the plane was last uploaded in 2015 by another photographer . Since my upload was rejected, should I try again as "hot" or keep it in the regular queue (assuming I get an worthy edit).
    Noisy and borderline weak contrast/soft.

Leave a comment:

• tlsmart1@gmail.com
    replied
    Thanks for clearing that up. It was rejected for:

1. Dark / underexposed
    2. too much or too little contrast.

Leave a comment:

• jakerepp
    replied
    If there is still no photo of it in that livery then yes, keep uploading as hot.

What was the photo previously rejected for?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X