• Show
Clear All

• Tom Smart - prescreening request / editing advice

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSF4847-resampled.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	858.3 KB
ID:	1147849

Hi there. New Jetphotos user here, trying to get a sense for what makes a good submission. The lighting, contrast and overall fidelity look good to me. I do see some jagged edges after resizing, but only if I view it large. The tail, cockpit and engine look sharp to me, but is the fuselage soft anyway? Is it appropriate to keep the shadow of the wing? Should I also keep the nose shadow?

Overall, the photo looks good to me, maybe a bit Low In Frame but I think that's acceptable. Yes, the fuselage looks a bit soft, espacially pax windows. Try some lower resolutions like 1200px.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Name:	_DSF4847-resampled.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	858.3 KB
ID:	1147849

Is it appropriate to keep the shadow of the wing? Should I also keep the nose shadow?
    But what do you mean by "keep"? I don't quite understand.

Best regards, Arseni.

Comment

Hi there. New Jetphotos user here, trying to get a sense for what makes a good submission. The lighting, contrast and overall fidelity look good to me. I do see some jagged edges after resizing, but only if I view it large. The tail, cockpit and engine look sharp to me, but is the fuselage soft anyway? Is it appropriate to keep the shadow of the wing? Should I also keep the nose shadow?
      Maybe a touch soft, but otherwise don't see any major issues. Nit-picking, might want a slightly wider crop on the left to avoid cutting the static discharge rod on the stabilizer.

Comment

Thanks. Regarding “keep” I mean treating the shadow as part of the subject and not cropping into it.

Regarding the softness; do you think the depth of focus just didn’t keep the windows sharp, and maybe I could “hide” that flaw with a smaller image size?

I appreciate the nitpick about the tail too.

Comment

Thanks. Regarding “keep” I mean treating the shadow as part of the subject and not cropping into it.

Regarding the softness; do you think the depth of focus just didn’t keep the windows sharp, and maybe I could “hide” that flaw with a smaller image size?

I appreciate the nitpick about the tail too.
          Don't worry about the shadow, yes, try a bit lower resolution maybe.

Best regards, Arseni.

Comment

Minor issue really. A touch more sharpening should fix it.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Do you have any insights as to the quality of these selections. (I guess I’m seeing some Denise artifact in the tower on one of them.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSF5385.jpg Views:	0 Size:	394.4 KB ID:	1148009Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSF4993.jpg Views:	0 Size:	373.9 KB ID:	1148010Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSF5042 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	477.2 KB ID:	1148011Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSF4717v2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	282.9 KB ID:	1148012Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSF5300.jpg Views:	0 Size:	687.2 KB ID:	1148013

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Do you have any insights as to the quality of these selections. (I guess I’m seeing some Denise artifact in the tower on one of them.)
                1. soft/blurry, too far, centering, contrast
                2. soft/blurry, too far
                3. horizon, centering, compression
                4. soft/blurry, centering, borderline backlit
                5. too far, centering, contrast

Comment

Name:	_DSF4964.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	490.1 KB
ID:	1148264Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSF4984.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	546.2 KB
ID:	1148265Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSF5168.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	640.7 KB
ID:	1148266Hi there. Can anybody comment on these “similar” photos. There are things I’m not sure about when selecting submissions, like: Does the reflection off a wing tip lower the quality? Does glare on windows matter? Also I’m trying to find balance between “too soft” and “over processed/compression.” When I makes the final step of resizing and exporting I often get jagged lines in the livery details. Is that evident? Thanks a lot.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSF4984.jpg Views:	0 Size:	546.2 KB ID:	1148265Hi there. Can anybody comment on these “similar” photos. There are things I’m not sure about when selecting submissions, like: Does the reflection off a wing tip lower the quality? Does glare on windows matter? Also I’m trying to find balance between “too soft” and “over processed/compression.” When I makes the final step of resizing and exporting I often get jagged lines in the livery details. Is that evident? Thanks a lot.
                    Dana will likely ask you to choose only one of those three because they are in a series. The second one looks to be the best out of the three. Like the beacon catch!
                    “In the ongoing battle between objects made of aluminum going hundreds of miles per hour and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose.” – Anonymous

Comment

Hi there. Can anybody comment on these “similar” photos. There are things I’m not sure about when selecting submissions, like: Does the reflection off a wing tip lower the quality? Does glare on windows matter? Also I’m trying to find balance between “too soft” and “over processed/compression.” When I makes the final step of resizing and exporting I often get jagged lines in the livery details. Is that evident? Thanks a lot.
                      1-2. similar
                      3. soft, contrast, borderline horizon (CCW)

Comment

Hi there. I'm tweaking a rejected submission and would appreciate feedback. The rejection was for "underexposed/contrast." I've adjusted the exposure and contrast on this edit - does it look correct? Should I bring the shadows down? Also, is it acceptable to resubmit it as "hot" again (updated livery)? Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSF5327-2ps-adjusted.jpg Views:	0 Size:	469.3 KB ID:	1148928

Comment

Hi there. I'm tweaking a rejected submission and would appreciate feedback. The rejection was for "underexposed/contrast." I've adjusted the exposure and contrast on this edit - does it look correct? Should I bring the shadows down? Also, is it acceptable to resubmit it as "hot" again (updated livery)?
                          Borderline (weak) contrast, and light editing halos visible. Couldn't say about qualifying for hot without more information.

Comment

Thank you. I made some curve adjustments to this attempt. Soon I won't need help seeing, but does this look better? Regarding "hot" - I submitted it as hot because the livery had changed since the plane was last uploaded in 2015 by another photographer . Since my upload was rejected, should I try again as "hot" or keep it in the regular queue (assuming I get an worthy edit).

P.S. I accidentally chose a different image in the sequence for this edit Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSF5331-corrected_after_feedback.jpg Views:	0 Size:	566.6 KB ID:	1148950
                            Attached Files

Comment

If there is still no photo of it in that livery then yes, keep uploading as hot.

What was the photo previously rejected for?

Comment

Working...
                              X