Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking for Dust . . Photoshop grrr…

Hi screeners

Any advice on checking for dust spots using photoshop ?
    I shoot in RAW and there is a tool that is supposed to highlight dust spots . . It only seems to pick out obvious ones.. I have tried turning up the contrast etc..
    I have the latest version of photoshop too.
    I recently uploaded a couple of shots . . Used your check for dust spots tool and a couple of obvious ones stood out.

Also. .
    Do you screeners have a checklist of how you screen new uploads . . Might be helpful.

thanks for your time

Phil

Hi Phil,
    in PS I equalize tones in a copied layer and often I increase the contrast in that copied layer to make the spots more visible. Then activate the original layer (the copied layer will remain visible) and delete the spots (Note: spots will remain visible after clicking on them because the layer is not active on the screen). When finished, delete the layers. Repeat the process to check if all spots found. Very short describtion...there are many tutorials in YT.
    The check-for-dust tool in JP is more powerful and is always good for a final check before uploading. I think there are tools like this available on the net...I just cant find the names.
    Regards AKH

Comment

Originally posted by flyingphilnewson View Post
      Hi screeners

Any advice on checking for dust spots using photoshop ?
      I shoot in RAW and there is a tool that is supposed to highlight dust spots . . It only seems to pick out obvious ones.. I have tried turning up the contrast etc..
      I have the latest version of photoshop too.
      I recently uploaded a couple of shots . . Used your check for dust spots tool and a couple of obvious ones stood out.

Also. .
      Do you screeners have a checklist of how you screen new uploads . . Might be helpful.
      Equalize is the function on PS that is closest to the check for dust tool on JP, though not quite as strong.

Screening criteria can be found here:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ES-New-version

If you have specific questions about them, feel free to ask.

Comment

Working...
      X