Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSr - Prescreening / Editing Advice

Hi all,

I am new to Jetphotos and would like some advice on improving some photos I have taken. Could someone please review these? (All unedited)
    Also, these are not of original quality - The original size was 5184x3456, but I had to resize them to 1080x720. How can I reduce noise after reducing size?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by DSr View Post
    Hi all,

I am new to Jetphotos and would like some advice on improving some photos I have taken. Could someone please review these? (All unedited)
    Also, these are not of original quality - The original size was 5184x3456, but I had to resize them to 1080x720. How can I reduce noise after reducing size?

Thanks!
    You'll need to run through editing before getting responses from the screeners here. Second is definitely backlit and not fixable. The others are probably borderline backlit, but can't give much more advice without seeing edits.

Comment

Not a screener but all look very soft. Image 3 may be fixable but I think the other 3 might be for your personal collection in the end.

Obviously, as jakerepp has said, the images for screening need to be the edited copies that you'll upload

Comment

Alright, thanks guys!

Comment

The best way to gain experience is by surfing through other photo that has been accepted. And use the forum to ask for help if needed.

For me, all four photos are really soft and have bad cropping, No.2 is backlit and cannot be fixed, and others may be backlit, too. If I did remember it right, the maximum width is 1280 pixels not 1080 pixels. make sure to upload perfect shots.

regards
          CARBONOX CN

Comment

All soft rejections, plus backlit on 2 3 4. Also, photos will be rejected for the cropping - needs to be a tighter crop with the aircraft centred. Number 4 is almost acceptable in this regard. These are all unfixable for Jetphotos.

Comment

1. Framing, composition, they need to be more central in the frame vertical and horizontal, also the photo is very dark and needs a fair amount of sharpening

2 Framing, composition, they need to be more central in the frame vertical and horizontal, also the photo is very dark and needs a fair amount of sharpening

3 Framing, composition, they need to be more central in the frame vertical and horizontal, also the photo is very dark and needs a fair amount of sharpening, the light is also on the nose, always try and shoot a photo where there is a fair amount of light on the side of the subject to prevent a photo from being classed as backlit etc

4 Framing better but could do with being cropped a little nearer so as to fill the frame more, still very dark and bordering being backlit as light is going past the nose, also very soft

Advice is to try and work with your lighting conditions as best as you can so as to produce a photo which will not be backlit or dark, as said before try and work with the light so as it lights up the subject better or more evenly, even if that means sacrificing the shot you will improve in time and gain more experience, it doesn't come over night, good luck

Please see detailed photo upload guidelines to get a better explanation of rejection reasons and how these can be improved
              Especially Backlit 5.1

https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ES-New-version
              Last edited by speedbird707; 2022-11-28, 16:48.
              Regards,
              Darryl

Comment

Working...
              X