gh6912 Pre/Post Screening Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gh6912 Pre/Post Screening Help

Good morning all. Recently had this image rejected for "Too much or too little contrast", wanted some guidance on it before resorting to an appeal. This is really my 1st foray into using the forums for this so I apologize in advance! The weather conditions were awfully overcast that day. I hate to reference or even compare to other photos on the site but there are are large amount from this same day of the exercise and near exact same frame that are on with similar contrast (including some of my own uploads from that day). Just wanted to get a gauge and some feedback before submitting an appeal or doing a reedit. Thanks- Garrett Click image for larger version

Name:	85956_1668734353.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1149836

Hi, I'm not a screener however contrast is indeed poor due to the weather conditions. The fact that other similar images were accepted may have simply come down to the multiple screeners' own decisions and you were just unlucky. I've been unlucky too with my images! If you sincerely feel that the rejection was unjust, you could try to appeal or maybe attempt to re-edit and re-upload. Up to you!

Comment

Originally posted by gh6912 View Post
      Good morning all. Recently had this image rejected for "Too much or too little contrast", wanted some guidance on it before resorting to an appeal. This is really my 1st foray into using the forums for this so I apologize in advance! The weather conditions were awfully overcast that day. I hate to reference or even compare to other photos on the site but there are are large amount from this same day of the exercise and near exact same frame that are on with similar contrast (including some of my own uploads from that day). Just wanted to get a gauge and some feedback before submitting an appeal or doing a reedit. Thanks- Garrett Click image for larger version

Name:	85956_1668734353.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1149836
      It's never wise to appeal such weather condition photos. Better keep it for your personal collection.

Comment

Good morning all. Recently had this image rejected for "Too much or too little contrast", wanted some guidance on it before resorting to an appeal. This is really my 1st foray into using the forums for this so I apologize in advance! The weather conditions were awfully overcast that day. I hate to reference or even compare to other photos on the site but there are are large amount from this same day of the exercise and near exact same frame that are on with similar contrast (including some of my own uploads from that day). Just wanted to get a gauge and some feedback before submitting an appeal or doing a reedit.
        Indeed poor contrast due to overcast conditions. Not sure an appeal or a re-edit would yield better results.

Comment

Howdy yall! Question regarding what qualifies as "Hot Photo". Would an airliner with a mismatched radome qualify? Along those lines would a mismatched engine cowling or reverse thrust sleeve qualify? For example: a white Spirit A320 with a yellow radome that is not shown in this configuration in any photos on the site? Or a Southwest 737 in the Heart livery with an engine cowling that is from an old Canyon Blue livery (and again has not been seen in such a way in the db). I would assume not but wanted to be sure. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Not a screener, but in my experience these would be considered as 'temporary' changes due to maintenance, and are not purposeful livery changes by the airline. Therefore, should go in to regular queue as opposed to the Hot queue.

Comment

Originally posted by thebigdog360 View Post
              Not a screener, but in my experience these would be considered as 'temporary' changes due to maintenance, and are not purposeful livery changes by the airline. Therefore, should go in to regular queue as opposed to the Hot queue.
              Roger that! That was my thought on it as well

Comment

Howdy yall! Question regarding what qualifies as "Hot Photo". Would an airliner with a mismatched radome qualify? Along those lines would a mismatched engine cowling or reverse thrust sleeve qualify? For example: a white Spirit A320 with a yellow radome that is not shown in this configuration in any photos on the site? Or a Southwest 737 in the Heart livery with an engine cowling that is from an old Canyon Blue livery (and again has not been seen in such a way in the db). I would assume not but wanted to be sure. Thanks in advance!
                Not hot.

Comment

Working...
                X