Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stannya - prescreening request / editing advice

Hello,
    I was wondering if I can get some prescreening / editing advice for these two pictures. Thanks!
    Attached Files

1. Heat distorted, backlit, soft.
    2. Soft, vignette, compression.
    3. Heat disortion, contrast (lack of), soft, colour.
    4. Contrast and colour - this one is probably the closest to being accetped but it's a very tight crop on the tail and nose. I'd like to see a little more space. Also possible heat distortion on the tail.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
      4. Contrast and colour - this one is probably the closest to being accetped but it's a very tight crop on the tail and nose. I'd like to see a little more space. Also possible heat distortion on the tail.
      Thanks! Should increase or decrease contrast and colour and should I add quite a bit more space or just a little more? (so that the nose and tail have more space)

Comment

I lowered the contrast a little bit and redid the crop and this is the result? Is this better?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stannya View Post
          I lowered the contrast a little bit and redid the crop and this is the result? Is this better?
          A bit dark for me...You can add a little bit more contrast.

Comment

This will need a significantly better edit to have a chance at acceptance, but given the weather conditions the best you will be able to get is just a chance.

Comment

Hello,
              my photo (attached) just got rejected for the reasons:
              - Over Processed / Bad postprocessing
              - Too much or too little contrast

These sound like two issues I can fix. Could I receive some advice? Thanks!
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                my photo (attached) just got rejected for the reasons:
                - Over Processed / Bad postprocessing
                - Too much or too little contrast

These sound like two issues I can fix. Could I receive some advice? Thanks!
                What have you removed below the engines? You know this kind of manipulation is forbidden, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

What have you removed below the engines? You know this kind of manipulation is forbidden, yes?
                  Apologies, I did not know. There was a van that could be considered foreground clutter. I will undo that.
                  Do you know what I can do about the contrast and processing?

Comment

Apologies, I did not know. There was a van that could be considered foreground clutter. I will undo that.
                    Do you know what I can do about the contrast and processing?
                    Please avoid submitting images with any such editing, as it could lead to you being banned from uploading.

The contrast is very poor due to the overcast conditions. It does not look fixable.

Comment

Is this picture alright?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Is this picture alright?
                        Not really. Soft/poor contrast.

Comment

Hi. I was wondering if I could have some prescreening/editing advice for these 3 pictures. Thanks!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi. I was wondering if I could have some prescreening/editing advice for these 3 pictures. Thanks!
                            All 3 a bit soft, and 1&2 could do with some darker blacks by the looks of it

Comment

Originally posted by Oojiflip View Post

All 3 a bit soft, and 1&2 could do with some darker blacks by the looks of it
                              Thanks. I'll edit them. Noise/grain would not be an issue in any of the 3, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X