Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=zhf21;n1155615]
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

I only reduced the contrast and sharpness slightly. I guess it wasn't enough. The contrast has now been reduced by another 20 and the sharpness has been increased by another 35.
    Borderline oversharpened/contrast.

Comment

[QUOTE=dlowwa;n1155622]
      Originally posted by zhf21 View Post

Borderline oversharpened/contrast.
      Contrast too low or too high?

Comment

[QUOTE=zhf21;n1155645]

Contrast too low or too high?
        Neither. Weak light.

Comment

[QUOTE=dlowwa;n1155688]

Neither. Weak light.
          How would I fix that? Exposure? I'd appreciate some guidance.

Comment

[QUOTE=zhf21;n1155692]

How would I fix that? Exposure? I'd appreciate some guidance.
            Not something you can easily 'fix' after the fact. Next time try shooting in better lighting conditions.

Comment

Would this photo of the new Terminal A at EWR be acceptable?
              Attached Files

Comment

Would this photo of the new Terminal A at EWR be acceptable?
                Automatic motive rejection.

Comment

Automatic motive rejection.
                  Why? The photo highlights the sleek design of the airport’s new terminal. It also features the sign “Welcome to Terminal A.” The sign’s placement was intentional to indicate that this terminal is the start of a new EWR.

Comment

Why? The photo highlights the sleek design of the airport’s new terminal. It also features the sign “Welcome to Terminal A.” The sign’s placement was intentional to indicate that this terminal is the start of a new EWR.
                    Not a screener but I think because ppl face clearly at photo.

JP not have their permission post to internet , that’s mean will have “Bad Motive” reject.

Comment

Originally posted by ksaviation View Post
                      Not a screener but I think because ppl face clearly at photo.

JP not have their permission post to internet , that’s mean will have “Bad Motive” reject.
                      Thank you for the information. What if I blurred their faces?

Comment

Hi,

blurrying faces isn't allowed at all and falls under manipulation. This causes sanctions if it is done repeatedly.
                        Why not try a natural "blurrying effect" by using longer exposures
                        Best Regards from Germany,
                        Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post

Hi,

blurrying faces isn't allowed at all and falls under manipulation. This causes sanctions if it is done repeatedly.
                          Why not try a natural "blurrying effect" by using longer exposures
                          Thanks for the reply. While I understand this would be manipulation, I struggle to see why that rule applies to faces. If editing a photo to create the same result as taking the photo in a longer exposure, why can't it be allowed? Nothing else is being changed. I get it if I were adding or removing things from the picture, but if it creates the exact same result, I fail to see the problem.

Not to mention, there is a clear inconsistency with the rules. I've seen countless photos in the database with faces visible. Here are just a few examples:

ZYHB | Airport | Terminal | StevenN | JetPhotos

ZGSZ | Airport | Terminal | UniverseLin | JetPhotos

KRIC | Airport | Terminal | FR24 | JetPhotos
                          Attached Files

Comment

Will get “Digital Manipulation” reject and get warning
                            You can use tripod and longer exposures blur their faces.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. While I understand this would be manipulation, I struggle to see why that rule applies to faces. If editing a photo to create the same result as taking the photo in a longer exposure, why can't it be allowed? Nothing else is being changed. I get it if I were adding or removing things from the picture, but if it creates the exact same result, I fail to see the problem.

Not to mention, there is a clear inconsistency with the rules. I've seen countless photos in the database with faces visible. Here are just a few examples:

ZYHB | Airport | Terminal | StevenN | JetPhotos

ZGSZ | Airport | Terminal | UniverseLin | JetPhotos

KRIC | Airport | Terminal | FR24 | JetPhotos
                              In only one of those photos is a person's face easily identifiable, so there is no 'clear inconsistency', just an occasional error.

Comment

Morning, all.

Just curious what the specifics of this rejection are. The exposure was increased minimally, sharpness moderately, and only a touch of contrast. Is it salvageable with a different edit?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Working...
                                X