Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

michaelsb - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • michaelsb - prescreening request / editing advice

    Hello - I've seen some accepted photos that have been taken/cropped like this:

    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10807543
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10034171
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10738396

    I have a photo of the F-22 on the hot ramp from Airshow London 2022.

    Just curious as if this falls into the same category of the 3 accepted photos from other users above. In general, would a photo like this be acceptable to even submit? Cheers!

    Michael Click image for larger version  Name:	MJS_9563 copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	865.1 KB ID:	1152251

  • #2
    Originally posted by michaelsb View Post
    Just curious as if this falls into the same category of the 3 accepted photos from other users above. In general, would a photo like this be acceptable to even submit? Cheers!
    Slightly awkward cut on the right, otherwise crop should be acceptable. Also noisy dark/poor contrast.

    Comment


    • #3
      Click image for larger version

Name:	MJS_9563 copyedit.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	823.5 KB
ID:	1152308
      Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

      Slightly awkward cut on the right, otherwise crop should be acceptable. Also noisy dark/poor contrast.
      Thanks for the feedback. Does this look any better? My main concern is the noise - I applied some noise reduction in camera raw but not sure if I applied too little or too much (over processed). Looking forward to your response. Cheers!

      Michael

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by michaelsb View Post

        Thanks for the feedback. Does this look any better? My main concern is the noise - I applied some noise reduction in camera raw but not sure if I applied too little or too much (over processed). Looking forward to your response. Cheers!

        Michael
        Crop is ok; quality (contrast, noise, sharpening, etc..) is borderline at best.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

          Crop is ok; quality (contrast, noise, sharpening, etc..) is borderline at best.
          Thank you for the feedback!

          Michael

          Comment


          • #6
            Click image for larger version

Name:	MJS_7106 copy.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	879.2 KB
ID:	1152315 Any opinions on this one? Cheers!

            Michael

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by michaelsb View Post
              Any opinions on this one?
              Would be ok for me.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                Would be ok for me.
                Thanks!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Good evening - can I get an opinion on this one please? Cheers!

                  Michael Click image for larger version

Name:	MJS_7983 copy.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	723.3 KB
ID:	1152627

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by michaelsb View Post
                    Good evening - can I get an opinion on this one please? Cheers!
                    Canuck metal gets an automatic acceptance from me

                    Seriously though, looks a bit blurry/heat hazed, but could just be the edit.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                      Canuck metal gets an automatic acceptance from me

                      Seriously though, looks a bit blurry/heat hazed, but could just be the edit.
                      Sweet! lol

                      Did find another frame from later on, lighting for sure was better as the day went along. I think there wasn't any heat haze at the time as well. Specifically tried the one above because of the open canopy and seat cover off anyway. Cheers!

                      MichaelClick image for larger version  Name:	MJS_8083 copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	730.8 KB ID:	1152634

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by michaelsb View Post

                        Sweet! lol

                        Did find another frame from later on, lighting for sure was better as the day went along. I think there wasn't any heat haze at the time as well. Specifically tried the one above because of the open canopy and seat cover off anyway. Cheers!
                        Some might see a few soft spots but would be ok for me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                          Some might see a few soft spots but would be ok for me.
                          Cheers, thanks!


                          Click image for larger version  Name:	MJS_7054 copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	412.2 KB ID:	1152697
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	MJS_7449 copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	502.7 KB ID:	1152711
                          How do these look?

                          Michael

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by michaelsb View Post
                            How does this one look?
                            Ok for me.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Cheers.

                              Can I get an opinion on this one please? Thanks!

                              Michael Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC8493 copy.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	1152751

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X