Max Baillie - Pre-screening request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Baillie - Pre-screening request

Hello, I have taken some photos which were in cloudy conditions, and I'd like to know if they're likely to be accepted or if they're fixable in any way. Thanks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07510 (2) (1).jpg
Views:	508
Size:	349.4 KB
ID:	1153827Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07498 (1).jpg
Views:	293
Size:	343.6 KB
ID:	1153828Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07352 (2).jpg
Views:	294
Size:	360.6 KB
ID:	1153829Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07459 (3) (2).jpg
Views:	299
Size:	360.8 KB
ID:	1153830

Hello Max,

I'm not a professional JetPhotos-hired screener so take these with a grain of salt until someone who's got a bit more experience than me comments. I would say since these were all taken on a cloudy day, they'd get rejected for contrast. Cloudy shots aren't really usable unless you do a lot with the contrast, including there being at least a little bit of sun. I'd also say that the framing is off on the photos. In each photo there is way more space on the right side than on the left, which could result in a bad composition / framing rejection.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply, I expected that due to the poor conditions they probably wouldn't be accepted. After looking at the photos again I've noticed that they're darker on here than what has been exported. Is this a regular occurrence and can I fix this somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by Max B View Post
        Hello, I have taken some photos which were in cloudy conditions, and I'd like to know if they're likely to be accepted or if they're fixable in any way. Thanks.
        Not acceptable, and likely not easily fixable.

Ensure you are exporting with sRGB color space embedded.

Comment

Hi, I went back today as the weather was much more favourable for planespotting. Are there any issues with these new photos that I need to consider with any other ones I'm planning to upload?
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I went back today as the weather was much more favourable for planespotting. Are there any issues with these new photos that I need to consider with any other ones I'm planning to upload?
            Soft and you'll need tighter/better cropping on all of them.

Comment

Ok, thanks, I'll fix the cropping but I don't understand how they're soft, when I look at them at higher res they're about as sharp as a photo can be. How can I make them sharper than they already are?

Comment

Ok, thanks, I'll fix the cropping but I don't understand how they're soft, when I look at them at higher res they're about as sharp as a photo can be. How can I make them sharper than they already are?
                Most editing programs will have a function to add sharpening.

Comment

I upped the sharpening on this by 75, which I thought looked extreme in full res, but after exporting it at the suitable size for jetphotos it still looks the same as without any sharpening. Any other fixes to sharpen it? Could it be the compression system I'm using?
                  Attached Files

Comment

I upped the sharpening on this by 75, which I thought looked extreme in full res, but after exporting it at the suitable size for jetphotos it still looks the same as without any sharpening. Any other fixes to sharpen it? Could it be the compression system I'm using?
                    Dirty and crop too wide. Not going to comment on sharpening until cropped appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Dirty and crop too wide. Not going to comment on sharpening until cropped appropriately.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Crop ok, still dirty, slightly soft.

Comment

Crop ok, still dirty, slightly soft.
                          Ok, thanks, I hadn't noticed the dust spots before. Also, given that I've attempted to up the sharpness by a considerable amount to little avail, and the full res image looks oversharpened now, what could be the likely cause of this softness?

Comment

Ok, thanks, I hadn't noticed the dust spots before. Also, given that I've attempted to up the sharpness by a considerable amount to little avail, and the full res image looks oversharpened now, what could be the likely cause of this softness?
                            I could only speculate.

Comment

I could only speculate.
                              If you don't mind could you possibly send some suggestions, even if they are speculative? It might help narrow down what my issue is since I am confident it's not an issue with the photos themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X